I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPER K

Reaction score
I was on my original droid when the sleep/power button became harder and harder to press.Took it in and got a refurb, refurb came with finger smudges and swipes under the screen, peeling keyboard, and a power/sleep button just as defective as my original. Seems like he D1 refurbs are being pulled from the bottom of the bucket. Luckily for me I have a friend on the inside who is a store manager. I'm typing this reply from my new D2 with a new battery.

Isaiah

Reaction score
I was on my original droid when the sleep/power button became harder and harder to press.Took it in and got a refurb, refurb came with finger smudges and swipes under the screen, peeling keyboard, and a power/sleep button just as defective as my original. Seems like he D1 refurbs are being pulled from the bottom of the bucket. Luckily for me I have a friend on the inside who is a store manager. I'm typing this reply from my new D2 with a new battery.

You wouldn't happen to live anywhere near upstate new york, would ya? lol

SUPER K

Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to live anywhere near upstate new york, would ya? lol
KS,Sorry. I spoke with a couple different sales reps in the retail store who told me that the D1 is/was so popular that it's in super high demand and the stocks were running low, my refurb was proof, and Verizon "Had to replace it with an equal phone,touch screen with a keyboard". To me that means a refurb D1 or D2. I was also told at this point the D2s sent out for replacement are customer returns from 30 day trials or new units since the device is newer. Once again this is just info layed to me from floor level employees so take it at face value. I would like to add that I couldn't be happier with the service I've received through Verizon and YMMV......

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got my CLN replacement and I have to say if I didn't know better it is a brand new droid 1. The thing doesn't have a single mark on it, the camera button is still gold, all buttons work well. Keyboard open and closes properly. The keyboard is flat but that doesn't bother me too much because I rarely use the physical keyboard. Now the real test comes when I root it tonight and see if it lets me overclock it to whatever I want like my other droid did.

Edit: I can overclock to my hearts desire on this phone as well. I am definitely leaning towards that they sent me a brand new D1 minus the battery and sdcard.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got two droid x's for both my lines from D1's it seems good payment history pays off and I love my new x

Doubt payment history has anything to do with it...we have been w/VZW for years, never missed or late on a bill/payment, lots of phones/features on our plan, etc., and I had to fight to get a D2 after six bad D1 refurbs.

Seems to be totally the luck of the draw - who you get on the phone/in the store, how they are feeling that day, your current horoscope and alignment w/the stars, and other unaccountable factors.

Simply put - you got lucky. :D

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
The lady on the phone said they reviewed my paymenthistory and decided to go ahead and update me to a droid 2 at which point I asked abbot the droid x and she aggreaded and then sent them two me and I got them before 10:30 the next day with extended batteries

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
The lady on the phone said they reviewed my paymenthistory and decided to go ahead and update me to a droid 2 at which point I asked abbot the droid x and she aggreaded and then sent them two me and I got them before 10:30 the next day with extended batteries

Yeah, again, what matters is who you get on the phone...if anyone had been willing to review my payment history they would have found the same. :)

If I were you I'd go to Las Vegas as soon as possible before what you have wears off... ;)

okmista

Reaction score
I DON'T WANT TO GIVE FALSE HOPE TO PEOPLE.

I'm not sure if I believe everyone who's written about getting a D2 or Droid X upgrades on their first tries. I've had 7 D1s and I was fed up with the same crap so I was ready to go ape **** to either have them send me a "new" phone whether it be a D1 or D2. For some reason, on my 8th one, when I called, the guy who picked up had an entirely different attitude than the previous 200 people I spoke to. Customer service lady transferred me to the Technical Support dude and he right away said he sees my problem and wants to send me a refurb D2. Since my refurb D1 doesn't work why would I say no to D2? The only better scenario would've been a new D2 with new everything but hey, I just want a phone that works.

Question: Is it true that D2 uses the same battery as D1?

Note: It took me 3+ visits and 5+ phonecalls to get this far...as far as I'm concerned, they are not just "giving out" D2s if you review your payment history. I've been a good customer (NEVER missed a payment in over 7 years) and I have additional lines and I threatened to cancel (second to last time I called) and they didn't bat an eye. That made me even more angry as I felt that they didn't care about my loyalty to verizon. The only reasy why I stayed is because of the rumor that the iPhone might come in January.

Syraz

Reaction score
Same battery yes, but if they send you a refurbished d2, make sure they send you the battery door or you will have to use your black one from the d1 instead of the blue d2 one..

I DON'T WANT TO GIVE FALSE HOPE TO PEOPLE.

I'm not sure if I believe everyone who's written about getting a D2 or Droid X upgrades on their first tries. I've had 7 D1s and I was fed up with the same crap so I was ready to go ape **** to either have them send me a "new" phone whether it be a D1 or D2. For some reason, on my 8th one, when I called, the guy who picked up had an entirely different attitude than the previous 200 people I spoke to. Customer service lady transferred me to the Technical Support dude and he right away said he sees my problem and wants to send me a refurb D2. Since my refurb D1 doesn't work why would I say no to D2? The only better scenario would've been a new D2 with new everything but hey, I just want a phone that works.

Question: Is it true that D2 uses the same battery as D1?

Note: It took me 3+ visits and 5+ phonecalls to get this far...as far as I'm concerned, they are not just "giving out" D2s if you review your payment history. I've been a good customer (NEVER missed a payment in over 7 years) and I have additional lines and I threatened to cancel (second to last time I called) and they didn't bat an eye. That made me even more angry as I felt that they didn't care about my loyalty to verizon. The only reasy why I stayed is because of the rumor that the iPhone might come in January.

bizzshow

Reaction score
It wasn't my first try but yeah I got one. I've returned more like 5 d1s but they gave me a clean sweep if that's what its called and sent me a d2

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

UNC

Reaction score
I got a White Verizon iPhone4 and a pony for my Droid 1 Warranty Replacement!!!

YAY THIS IS FUN!

okmista

Reaction score
@Azilla - thank you. do you know if the D2 will fit my vehicle mount? i'm not sure if the battery door will come with the unit, i assumed it would but i guess we'll see when it arrives tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.