I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMody

Reaction score
So, the CLN D1 replacement I got two weeks ago just decided to shut it's speaker off permanently..... Just went into the store and walked out 3 minutes later after being told "that sucks" and that I'd have a new one tomorrow. We shall see.......

Misterroy

Reaction score
Call customer service. I got 0 help at the store after my 3rd D1 "certified like new" phone didn't work as well as the phone it was replacing. They sent me a CLN Droid 2, and it was indeed like new.

xythil

Reaction score
How to insure I get a Droid 2 thorugh my Droid 1 warranty?

Noticed lots of people gettnig Droid2s when they warranty their droid 1

how do i do this?

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cross your fingers and pray. I think they realized to many people where trying to do what your asking and put a stop to it.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Exactly my point

well damn i want an upgrade if other people got them

I just want to say Thank-You to everyone who posted about this because right now I have a refurbished droid 2. My droid 1 crapped out after couple months of use but I figured it would happen so I added the extended warranty program and insurance. I walked into a verizon store and they said they would replace it with a new device. I figured just like everyone else on here I would get a Droid 2. Instead they sent me the same model with a lesser quality keyboard and bluetooth that did not work in my car. To make a long story short it took me three days off of work and several hours at the store and on the phone but I finally got a non defective phone it is refurbished but atleast its a Droid 2. I gave em hell and demanded to get the same service that other customers had received. No one should settle for the defective droid 1 especially since it has so many issues and on top of that paying for extended warranty and insurance just to get a "Top quality Refurbished Droid 1" They will try to talk you into doing an upgrade my advice is do not let Verizon step all over you they make well enough money to be able to get people the Droid 2 Refurb at the very least or a new one. If they give one customer a Droid 2 over the 1 they need to make that transparent and equal to all other customers! Forgot to mention I also got a free extended battery and cover for my Droid 2 due to the horrible customer service at the store and the manager calling me a liar and refusing to help. If you are having issues with your Droid 1 and they are playing with your time and money I suggest you print out this post and show them you are not the only 1.
dancedroid

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I also reported the store manager to Verizon and filed a complaint. My advice is chew gum, take names, and kick ass.

nmsystms

Reaction score
I just got my 4th CLN Droid replacement in which is still defective! I called Verizon, spoke to tech support, a manager, and supervisor all with no luck. They all said they couldn't give me a droid 2 and would have to sent out another Droid 1. They said this has to do with Motorola's warranty policy and Verizon is only allowed to swap out the same device.

How come other people are about to get Droid 2s but Verizon is giving me such a hard time?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got my 4th CLN Droid replacement in which is still defective! I called Verizon, spoke to tech support, a manager, and supervisor all with no luck. They all said they couldn't give me a droid 2 and would have to sent out another Droid 1. They said this has to do with Motorola's warranty policy and Verizon is only allowed to swap out the same device.

How come other people are about to get Droid 2s but Verizon is giving me such a hard time?

Because for a while they didn't have any Droids to give out. Now they do.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
You want the problem fixed you go to a verizon corp store, talk to the manager if he does not help request to use their office line to call customer support and do no leave the store until they have given you atleast a Droid 2 refurb.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey I got a great idea! Why not go ahead an buy a D2 like I did instead of finding reasons for returning the D1 and having a feeling of entitlement to a D2?

Or was I seriously stupid? Maybe I should have said my keyboard doesn't slide out right, but it does. Or there was a single pixel out, but there isn't.

okmista

Reaction score

I got my refurb D2 after my 7th or 8th D1. It's not just you who's having a hard time, I think some people got off lucky, and some not. I had it up to "here" at a point and just decided, if they won't give me a non defective phone, then I'd leave to AT&T iPhone. After having 7 or 8 phones, I was fed up and I called them and said no, I don't want yet ANOTHER DEFECTIVE phone, I just want a phone that works. I'm not taking any more D1's and that's that. At one point (after my 6th phone) they offered me a refurb buy at $169 for HTC Incredible or something to that effect at which point I LAUGHED in their faces and said no thanks. Anyway, I was really close to cancelling my contract with them and I told them I'm not paying a penalty either because they're the ones forcing me out to another company by providing a ****ty phone. Of course that wouldn't have worked but I wanted them to know that I was serious because I was.

To those of you who think that people are getting "upgrades" and want an upgrade yourself, it's because VZW is afraid of people like you, who would demand such things upon hearing about it through other people's problems, that they don't want to hand out D2's whether they are refurb or new.

When I called them I never said, so and so got theirs so give me mine. I don't think that will work. But let me just say it took me many phone calls and visits to the store (personal visits don't count for $hit) that I was able to finally rectify the problem.

Good luck.

chopperguy

Reaction score
I finally got verizon to give me a D2 after 3 defective refurbed D1's. I always deal with a corporate store, talked to the manager and left with a new D2 in the box + 50% off accessories and a credit on my bill.....

Status
Not open for further replies.