I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by garywkamp, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr313

jr313 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SWEET!!! lol..then theres still hope so da saga continues! it will be here tomarrow and i will definitely let everyone know what i get in my box of goodies...To be continued......

2. ricks

ricks Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I got my "certified like CRAP replacement" today and it is bent. The keyboard it bent and the space between the screen and keyboard is over 1/8 inch on the lower left of the phone. I called them and they are sending another on Friday.

3. Sippykipnip

Sippykipnip Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did they give you a tracking number for the battery and cover?

4. mtz_gto

mtz_gto Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update..

Claim made Saturday (September 4th) for D1 keyboard under warranty.

Had to call for tracking # on Tuesday (September 7th) after hoilday (Monday) said 1lb/5kg

Phone received today (September 9th).. Referb D1 so far seems in working order.

5. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Active Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Okay so my D1 was screwed a couple of weeks back. I ended up buying a D2 on my own and have had it for almost 2 weeks. But I still wanted to see if I could get something done about my dead D1. I called customer servie and eventually they said they'd send me another D1. I wasn't expecting a D2 (and I probably wouldnt have been too happy if they did since I'd have 2 of them), so today I received my recertified D1. Was kinda freaked out because of everyone saying how messed up theirs was (almost seems like an excuse to send it back and get a different phone) but mine is in great condition.

The weight of the box on fedex was 1 lb, and my D2 said 2 lb. btw in case anyone was wondering.

6. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,397
    Just read through this thread and it made me laugh. I must admit I did not want a droid 2 as a replacement and was angry, but then I started to like it. I will say that the droid 2 is not that big of a step up from the droid 1. There are some improvements yes, but I would not waste an early upgrade on it. People losing sleep over not getting a droid 2, seriously in a few months vzw will have the droidpro, and some more devices that you would probably prefer over the droid 2. Enjoy your unlocked d1 while you have it.
    As far as it being locked down, my droid 2 is rooted and running a theme.

7. jr313

jr313 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    UPDATE: Ok everybody recieved my replacement today and it is a Certified Like New D1, and to my surprise its actually NEW! i dont have any complaints at all i am very happy with my replacement and the customer service that verizon provided me with...now only one thing to do with it...ROOT! hehehe...and itll be PERFECT...it arrived from Ft. Worth, TX weighed 1lb .5 oz..

8. hendrixj92

hendrixj92 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What did u say to make them do that?? my replacement droid was f'ed up from the time i took it out of the box (speaker broke, didnt open, didnt vibrate, didnt activate). they said they couldnt do anything but send another droid

9. okmista

okmista New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I called on 9/7 and received the phone on 9/9 - D1 - SUCKS!!!

Upon activation, it crashed (the all too familiar "activity launcher is not responding" - I've seen this way too many times in the last month, since the Froyo 2.2 update).

I called today 9/10, they are sending another one. I'm going to keep trying until I get a non-defective unit OR a D2, either one. Since the warranty keeps extending itself each time I get a new (refurb) model, I'm going to keep going until they correct this situation. I'm mad they only gave me $50 off when I renewed for 2 years (paid $150+ tax) and this is the crap I deal with. I've been calling VZW more than anyone I know and this is taking its toll.

10. BobthePhotoGuy

Ratings:
    +0
    Called VZW on Sept 8 about the keyboard peeling off of my droid. Just received my replacement from Ft Worth. It's a D1, looks brand new and it is loaded with 2.2.

Everything seems to be working as advertised.

Bob

11. m42duster

m42duster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    new D2 coming...

Went to the local Verizon store in the mall to have them reinstall OS on my D1. It was hanging up and had slow redraw. manager said a new D2 will be on the way. Yea!

12. sethmo

sethmo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I got a refurb D1 from Ft Worth. Everything works, so I am happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

alltel beside kmart

d2 android sd activatjon

fed ex 2lb package wit s4 inside

how do i get a droid razr speaker to stay in if it is smashe
replacing droid screen

warranty replacement

what is the waranty for a droid x 2