I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
LoL

You want the problem fixed you go to a verizon corp store, talk to the manager if he does not help request to use their office line to call customer support and do no leave the store until they have given you atleast a Droid 2 refurb.

Or they call the police...

I like how all you guys insist that Verizon "fix your problem". What problem? That you're not getting a free D2?

Learn to read my "PROBLEM" you guys can keep playing tag with Verizon and Fedex go get your defective device 10 times if you want. In case you did not know the only thing they do when you return your phone is change the SHELL! Then they take that same garbage defective Droid 1 and send it to another sucker. If you like it without vaseline then by all means sit back and keep wasting your time with these defective "TOP QUALITY DEVICES" Verizon gets these phones for less then 15% the cost they charge you. Why should I sit around with a phone that does not work while PAYING FOR EXTRA COVERAGE EXTENDED WARRANTY AND INSURANCE. Verizon makes enough money to at the VERY LEAST GIVE YOU A REFURB DROID 2. I do not have the time to play their little game. You will not get thrown out of the store or have the cops come if you simply demand the issue get fixed WHEN YOU HAVE A LEGIT GRIPE. Speak calmly and intelligently and they can not do a thing to you. Ill let you forum flamers keep posting in the meantime I will be enjoying my Droid 2 and free extended battery and new matching cover. Oh btw I still have a brand new battery they replace my original with. Grow some balls and demand the service and quality your paying the Wealthiest cellular corp. in the us.

Detonation

Reaction score
Learn to read my "PROBLEM" you guys can keep playing tag with Verizon and Fedex go get your defective device 10 times if you want. In case you did not know the only thing they do when you return your phone is change the SHELL! Then they take that same garbage defective Droid 1 and send it to another sucker. If you like it without vaseline then by all means sit back and keep wasting your time with these defective "TOP QUALITY DEVICES" Verizon gets these phones for less then 15% the cost they charge you. Why should I sit around with a phone that does not work while PAYING FOR EXTRA COVERAGE EXTENDED WARRANTY AND INSURANCE. Verizon makes enough money to at the VERY LEAST GIVE YOU A REFURB DROID 2. I do not have the time to play their little game. You will not get thrown out of the store or have the cops come if you simply demand the issue get fixed WHEN YOU HAVE A LEGIT GRIPE. Speak calmly and intelligently and they can not do a thing to you. Ill let you forum flamers keep posting in the meantime I will be enjoying my Droid 2 and free extended battery and new matching cover. Oh btw I still have a brand new battery they replace my original with. Grow some balls and demand the service and quality your paying the Wealthiest cellular corp. in the us.

Unless you have proof that the replacement Droid's bodies are just swapped, stopped spreading your ignorance. You received one replacement and immediately complained and expected a new phone. Its obvious you had no intention other than wanting a free upgrade. Before news spread of D2 going out, there were no topics like this. A few people posted complaints about their replacements here and there, but in general CNLR weren't considered the "garbage" they are now.

The thing is, I don't even care about people trying to get free upgrades..garabge CLNRs or not, it sucks that one person gets a brand new upgraded phone when everyone else gets a refurb. But its the way people try to go about getting one that shows how stupid they are. First off, Verizon isn't as oblivious as everyone thinks there are and it didn't take them long to realize people were just trying to get free upgrades. Yet all you guys are instantly making it harder for yourself by demanding a phone right away, trying to call corporate, etc. This clown here says he had to take 3 days off work (who knows why) to get one. If you were at are all smart, you'd realize all you have to do is be patient and play stupid. Don't ever hint towards expecting a new phone because thats a quick way to kill you chances. I got a replacement, screen was looser than my original, so I got another, same thing. When the third one came - also looser (my original droid had a perfect slider) - I went into the store and asked if Verizon had any other Droid phones that didn't have a problematic slider (pretending as if I didn't know what else was out there) that maybe I could get as a replacement instead. They suggested a Droid Incredible and had one shipped out to me 2 days later, with a brand new battery and door just like you.

Bottom line is that it took me about an hour across 3 phone calls and 10 minutes in the store, without having to make any demands or complaints or get a manager involved. Go ahead and brag about having the balls to demand what you "deserve" but things are a lot easier when you don't make it obvious you're trying to exploit the system...

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Proof you want more proof I worked for Cingular now AT&T Wireless for 5 years so before you go opening your mouth know that I know first hand what refurbished equipment is, it is garbage. You call me a clown LOL you played their little game till they felt sorry for your sucker ass and gave you what you deserved the first time your phone was replaced. Yes I did take three days off they were paid for so your point is?

Detonation

Reaction score
Proof you want more proof I worked for Cingular now AT&T Wireless for 5 years so before you go opening your mouth know that I know first hand what refurbished equipment is, it is garbage. You call me a clown LOL you played their little game till they felt sorry for your sucker ass and gave you what you deserved the first time your phone was replaced. Yes I did take three days off they were paid for so your point is?

Yea I did play their game and let them feel sorry for me because I knew it would work out very well. I could care less if they think I know anything about phones or not. It was the plan all along and took less than 2 hours of my life. Mean while you wasted 3 vacations days which could have been spent doing something way better than arguing for a phone.

But please go on and continue to brag about how you dominated Verizon and made them cave to all your demands, it must make you feel real powerful.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo

Yea I did play their game and let them feel sorry for me because I knew it would work out very well. I could care less if they think I know anything about phones or not. It was the plan all along and took less than 2 hours of my life. Mean while you wasted 3 vacations days which could have been spent doing something way better than arguing for a phone.

But please go on and continue to brag about how you dominated Verizon and made them cave to all your demands, it must make you feel real powerful.

Hmm funny you say two hours because you also stated you had three replacements so tell me you did three replacements in the same day? Your attempt at flaming was poor try again and don't lie to impress people or to flame people.

Detonation

Reaction score

Hmm funny you say two hours because you also stated you had three replacements so tell me you did three replacements in the same day? Your attempt at flaming was poor try again and don't lie to impress people or to flame people.

Well duh that two hours wasn't all in a row. It took about a week and half after the shipping times. But in terms of the actual time and effort required from me, it was ~2 hours over the course of that week and half.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not so regretfully we are going to close this thread. It was bad enough IMHO with the people who had the entitlement thing going, now we have flaming going on.

Discussions about the "best" way to get a D2, all of these things make it just a bad thread. So we will close this at this time and if anymore pop up about the "best way to get a D2" we will shut those down in the future. If anyone sees it, report it and we will take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.