I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detonation

Reaction score
You want the problem fixed you go to a verizon corp store, talk to the manager if he does not help request to use their office line to call customer support and do no leave the store until they have given you atleast a Droid 2 refurb.

Or they call the police...

I like how all you guys insist that Verizon "fix your problem". What problem? That you're not getting a free D2?

ricks

Reaction score
I like how all you guys insist that Verizon "fix your problem". What problem? That you're not getting a free D2?[/QUOTE]

Dont be a edited ny moderator, verizon told me that 25% of droid ones could not handle froyo. I went thru 4 replacements.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont be a edited ny moderator, verizon told me that 25% of droid ones could not handle froyo. I went thru 4 replacements.

More often than not it is the ignorance of the rep and the person with the problem, rather than the phone.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like how all you guys insist that Verizon "fix your problem". What problem? That you're not getting a free D2?

Dont be a edited ny moderator, verizon told me that 25% of droid ones could not handle froyo. I went thru 4 replacements.[/QUOTE]

If 25% of droid's couldn't handle froyo it would have never been released to the droid, simple as that. I am not calling you a liar or anything but most of the time you should be very skeptical of anything a verizon rep tells you. Truth is, not you necessarily, people are being too picky just to try to get an upgrade to a d2. I had to get my d1 replaced because my proximity sensor stopped working and I received a CLNR in perfect condition. Now I don't think people should settle for receiving a bad replacement but expecting a new d2 in return is unreasonable. Receiving a good replacement should be all you are entitled to.

Misterroy

Reaction score
I think you get more accomplished by not being demanding. I merely stated that this is my 3rd Droid and the problem still isn't fixed, and it's getting to be ridiculous. I asked the CS rep what other options do I have? She is the one that offered the refurb D2 as a replacement. Let me retype....she offered it.

Try not demanding and see how far that gets you.

ricks

Reaction score

If 25% of droid's couldn't handle froyo it would have never been released to the droid, simple as that. I am not calling you a liar or anything but most of the time you should be very skeptical of anything a verizon rep tells you. Truth is, not you necessarily, people are being too picky just to try to get an upgrade to a d2. I had to get my d1 replaced because my proximity sensor stopped working and I received a CLNR in perfect condition. Now I don't think people should settle for receiving a bad replacement but expecting a new d2 in return is unreasonable. Receiving a good replacement should be all you are entitled to.[/QUOTE]

It was corporate that told me this, not a rep. They told me to go to a verizon store and they will flash it back to 2.1

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

If 25% of droid's couldn't handle froyo it would have never been released to the droid, simple as that. I am not calling you a liar or anything but most of the time you should be very skeptical of anything a verizon rep tells you. Truth is, not you necessarily, people are being too picky just to try to get an upgrade to a d2. I had to get my d1 replaced because my proximity sensor stopped working and I received a CLNR in perfect condition. Now I don't think people should settle for receiving a bad replacement but expecting a new d2 in return is unreasonable. Receiving a good replacement should be all you are entitled to.

It was corporate that told me this, not a rep. They told me to go to a verizon store and they will flash it back to 2.1[/QUOTE]

First of, you were still told by a customer service REPRESENTATIVE, and second, right after booting up to 2.1 you will be prompted to update to 2.2. Expect major battery drain for anyone who tries to deny that...

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
here's the million dollar question. this is a complete new phone in the box, with memory card, battery and charger...should I return everything or just the broken Droid 1?

If you went thru Asurian then you just have to send the phone back with battery. Not sure though if it was a direct replacement via VZW.

ricks

Reaction score
It was corporate that told me this, not a rep. They told me to go to a verizon store and they will flash it back to 2.1[/QUOTE]

First of, you were still told by a customer service REPRESENTATIVE, and second, right after booting up to 2.1 you will be prompted to update to 2.2. Expect major battery drain for anyone who tries to deny that...[/QUOTE]

Let me rephrase this, I called corporate head quarters in NY. Not a store. He told me I could have my phone put back to 2.1 and it would stay there. I told them no, I wanted flash. So they offered me an X to make happy.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was corporate that told me this, not a rep. They told me to go to a verizon store and they will flash it back to 2.1

First of, you were still told by a customer service REPRESENTATIVE, and second, right after booting up to 2.1 you will be prompted to update to 2.2. Expect major battery drain for anyone who tries to deny that...[/QUOTE]

Let me rephrase this, I called corporate head quarters in NY. Not a store. He told me I could have my phone put back to 2.1 and it would stay there. I told them no, I wanted flash. So they offered me an X to make happy.

.[/QUOTE]

That is still a representative that was talking to you..

And unless they totally deleted the ability to update that phone in that sbf, then they are wrong..

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
here's the million dollar question. this is a complete new phone in the box, with memory card, battery and charger...should I return everything or just the broken Droid 1?

If you went thru Asurian then you just have to send the phone back with battery. Not sure though if it was a direct replacement via VZW.

We just sent my brothers incredible back, and we were able to keep the battery, sd card, and charger to the old phone.

Detonation

Reaction score
I think you get more accomplished by not being demanding. I merely stated that this is my 3rd Droid and the problem still isn't fixed, and it's getting to be ridiculous. I asked the CS rep what other options do I have? She is the one that offered the refurb D2 as a replacement. Let me retype....she offered it.

Try not demanding and see how far that gets you.

Bingo. I'm sure that as soon as you demand a new phone the rep marks that on your account and it becomes a big red flag against you...

ricks

Reaction score

First of, you were still told by a customer service REPRESENTATIVE, and second, right after booting up to 2.1 you will be prompted to update to 2.2. Expect major battery drain for anyone who tries to deny that...

.[/QUOTE]

That is still a representative that was talking to you..

And unless they totally deleted the ability to update that phone in that sbf, then they are wrong..[/QUOTE]

I spoke to someone in the office of the vice president of verizon wireless in New York city, not a representative. Just accept it was not someone small at Verizon.
And he said they are having alot of complaints with the droid 1 and froyo. The fix is to flash the phone back to 2.1 and it will stay there.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol, fine. I guess you are right, even though I know what I'm talking about. Guess I just need to face it, eh? Well, doubt you got someone high up. Just a clueless rep. Face it :)

Sent from my Droid

ricks

Reaction score
Lol, fine. I guess you are right, even though I know what I'm talking about. Guess I just need to face it, eh? Well, doubt you got someone high up. Just a clueless rep. Face it :)

Sent from my Droid

I don't care if you believe me or not, I got the number to the corporate headquarters and was on the phone with them for over an hour discussing the issues I had with all the cs reps I dealt with. You obviously dont know what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.