Apparently I'm a Droid 2 owner now.

Polymira

Reaction score
Well, after going through a couple of replacement Droid 1's with a couple seperate issues, today when my warranty Droid 1 replacement arrived I was surprised to find a tiny box with a brand new Droid 2 in it (seriously, the box made me giggle).

So, i suppose i'm jumping ship to this forum =p Extremely saddened by no longer having stock Android, but i'm already rooted and the fun shall begin here.

mindytyson3

Reaction score
well congrats on your new droid 2. i just love mine! its my first one ever. i have had no major problems with it. had a problem with setting up my calendar but that was my fault..ha not the phones. you will find helpful information on here! i just love being on here all the time.

wlrottge

Reaction score
I killed my D1 accidentally the other day and after Asurion wanted to give me an Eris (WTF). Bout to root my D2 after VZW agreed to swap it as an insurance replacement.

drathos

Reaction score
It's almost a shame my D1 has ZERO issues. Lol.

I'd say be happy. Yes, the D2 has more RAM and a faster CPU, but Motorola's "enhancements" to Android have been nothing but frustrating.

I've replaced the default launcher with LauncherPro so I don't have to deal with that or the Blur widgets, but the changes to the theme affect apps outside of Blur (black arrows on dark grey buttons in Gmail, for example). The replacements to the Dialer and Contacts apps and the account management are horribly backwards. The dock app is also a step backwards from the default Android one. The weather reports for the wrong location and it doesn't dim very well (it dims the colors, but not the backlight).

All in all, the software side leaves me feeling that Motorola is suffering from a severe case of Not Invented Here Syndrome. Unfortunately, they're not a software company and it shows in the results.

wlrottge

Reaction score
Yeah.... this thing is both enjoyable and frustrating at the same time.

I like the speed... there are a few things that are faster BUT, like you the UI/Moto Blur SUCKS!!! I'm rooted and anxiously awaiting a custom ROM.

The music player... wtf??? GARBAGE. stops playing randomly. Crashes often and android seems unwilling to put up a FC for it. I can't even get back home or get it to turn off so I have to pull the battery. I do like the ability to control music w/o unlocking.

Hardware upgrade over D1, yes.
Software upgrade, Hell No.:icon_cussing:

importune

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I seem torn as well, I think by the time I finish my first droid1 theme people will be coming out with some nice droid2 roms, so I'll see if they'll swap me a d2 then and start themeing that.