From Droid 1 to Droid 2

StephenWVU

Reaction score
Hello!

So I am apparently being upgraded from the droid 1 to the droid 2! I was wondering, will my droid 1 case still work for it? What fun changes will I be experiencing? Due to being new to the phone, any tips to making it even better?

Apprentice

Reaction score
Hello!

So I am apparently being upgraded from the droid 1 to the droid 2! I was wondering, will my droid 1 case still work for it? What fun changes will I be experiencing? Due to being new to the phone, any tips to making it even better?

I dont think that u should use any case since it makes it look bulkyer.. just use it like that naked with no "Jacked" lol

zero7404

Reaction score
Hello!

i don't think so, it depends on the case you have. the bezel around the display is different on the d2. also the back of the d2 is shaped differently than the d1. but the buttons and connection layout are in the same place.

you would probably have to spring for a new case if you want to properly protect the device.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Same question in two places. Need a new case. Back may work
Front is all wrong.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The first thing you will notice when going from the Droid to the Droid 2 is MotoBlur. It is Motorola's UI. Some like it and some hate it. Then again you can always root it and install a blur-less Rom.

Inverse

Reaction score
I just put ADW on it and got rid of all the widgets. Not sure why people have such an issue with any of the UI's. They're easily changed without root. Just gotta DL everything manually.

Taegost

Reaction score
I just put ADW on it and got rid of all the widgets. Not sure why people have such an issue with any of the UI's. They're easily changed without root. Just gotta DL everything manually.

It's not just the widgets, the change to sync and the new "Social Networking" app drive me nuts, I like the way they worked on my D1.
... I won't, however, switch back, everything else on the phone is so much better! Err, except the bluetooth voice dialing... I couldn't believe that it could be any worse, but yeah, somehow they managed to do just that.

zero7404

Reaction score
regarding the OP, i bought a case from verizon and it snaps on fine, but there is a very slight deformation in the area of the battery cover. hardly noticable. it's semi-rubberized, so it's got a soft touch feel, but the tabs are hard plastic that flows into the body of the case. it's not an otterbox, but it fits the phone with the extended battery door.

it's not shown on their web site, but you'll see it if you go to a store.

still not an ideal solution and when the otterbox comes out, i hope it has provisions for this extended battery. it's the most compact extended battery i've seen for a phone, and i'd like to keep using it. if the otterbox does not support the extended battery, i'll likely get it anyway and use it with the standard battery.

zero7404

Reaction score

It's not just the widgets, the change to sync and the new "Social Networking" app drive me nuts, I like the way they worked on my D1.
... I won't, however, switch back, everything else on the phone is so much better! Err, except the bluetooth voice dialing... I couldn't believe that it could be any worse, but yeah, somehow they managed to do just that.

i didn't think i would, but i like the polish of the ui on the d2/d2g. selections in red are nice, animations in red are nice, it gives the phone a nice feel and it's refreshing coming from a droid 1 after 1 year of use. i've tried to isolate and freeze apps i know i don't want (motorola/verizon stuff), hopefully this will improve battery life. it's sad that i have the extended battery and it drains in less than 24 hrs.

last resort would be to load fission, but i'll give the oem a shot for a few months and see what happens