HTC Thunderbolt Gets First One-Click EasyRoot + S-OFF from XDA

mkraffert

Reaction score
I rooted my Thunderbolt last night using the OneClickRoot method. Everything seemed to go fine, except root is semi-nonfunctional. I installed the Superuser.apk and it is in my app drawer. When I tried to use TiBu, it told me it couldn't get root priveliges. Also, Clockwork cannot get root priveliges, but Root Explorer has complete root access to all directories, and it never even asked for root priveliges. It just has them. Does anyoine know what could be causing this? Also, since I'm new to the Thunderbolt, what is S-On and S-Off? I never saw anything like that on my D1. I realize this phone is different, but I feel like it's totally a new language compared to the D1.

Thanks!

mee081224

Reaction score
Does anyone have any gotchas from the install?

I saw something about the fast boot option.

Also in case someone in trying to find a great app to sync outlook and the phone. I found this awesome app, after seeing crap reviews on syncsquare on the market, My phone explorer client. WOrks on wifi, usb, & bt. Need a pc client and phone app (duh) It took me a while to find the pc client. FJ Software Development

Thanks for the help everyone. Very cool stuff. I am only rooting for wifi & remove bloat. But i like the idea of throttling down the cpu when screen is off. (though I would think the auto shut off should be set at 1min, cuz if you were trying to save power by using 30 seconds and you are actually reading something, I am sure that will screw things up if you are going on and off.

az_biker

Reaction score
I used this a few days ago before he released it (i.e. tested it for him) and it worked great. Some minor issues with bad pushes but it will not proceed after such issues so there's little risk of bricking or screwing up your device. If you use it please consider donating to him for all his time and work. Seriously, a week after release and it's been rooted and now there is essentially a '1-click' root. This people should be rewarded/supported!
Just received my TB and hate the bloatware, and would like to have more control over it, so I'd like to root. I have intermediate pc skills, but this is my first smartphone and with all the DON'T BRICK YOUR PHONE warnings out there, I am kinda 'skerred' of becoming a statistic! I was looking into this "1 click" root and wondered what the push issues were and if someone of my newness to rooting would be able to overcome them if using this method. Lots of folks online seem to think the manual root (long way) is safer and more stable... but I don't know if I have the confidence to pull off a manual root! I know you guys get these questions all the time, so I apologize for being another... Has there been any updates since this posting on this XDA root? Thanks in advance!

cyborg0301

Reaction score
i don't know if anyone has answered your question yet but when you went into recovery you were suppose to click on update zip I think that's how it's worded. Then click choose zip from sd card find the zip and click it. If i remember right been awhile since I've done any of this.

mee081224

Reaction score
Anyone getting OTA updates nonstop? I cant dismiss them anymore, and everytime it tries to update, it fails and I am forced to reimage my phone from the last backup. Is there another updated rootkit with the new ota updates?