HTC Rezound vs. Motorola Droid Razr vs. Samsung Galaxy Nexus

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm really leaning twords the RAZR. If the camera sucks then it's going back.

If past experience is any indication, razr will have the worst camera and rezound will have a none existent battery life(they are already pushing the extended battery before phone is even released). Camera on thunderbolt is really good, Samsung makes very fast cameras, Motorola has a lot to learn in this department but their batteries last the longest.

Overall I think galaxy will perform the best overall.

Last edited:

jcardona1

Reaction score
I didnt know a camera became a major selling point. I never heard one mention of a zero shudder lag camera before they announced it on the GN. Now its a must have feature?

It most certainly is, especially these days in social-media driven world. Maybe it wasn't that big of a deal before the smart phones days, but that has changed. The Nexus raised the bar, and because of that, it's my next phone. The Razr would actually be my 3rd choice out of these phones. Motorola's lack of attention to quality-control is a deal-breaker for me. The only thing Moto has going is the cool designs and build quality of their phones. They seem to invest more in marketing campaigns than building the damn device itself. Aside from that, they're junk. Just look at how bad the Bionic has been. From it's camera to all the data/battery issues. Motorola continues to turn a blind eye, saying we'll fix it "soon".

That, and I don't like waiting 2-3 minutes to capture and save a pic on my D1!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have taken over 1100 pictures with my smartphones since July of last year(when I got droid x) and retired my point and shoot camera.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Which phone would have the brightest display in the sun?

Ron W.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
I'm getting the Nexus. Ive learned not to buy a new product on what it "might" or "might not" do later. The hardware and software of the Nexus are designed to work together and be fast. 32 GB will be enough storage for me. Also, it will run faster because it will have more available RAM. I dont really care about skins because of 3rd party apps, but Alot of RAM in the other two will be taken up with Sense or Blur. Specs alone don't make a phone great. We have to look at how all the parts work together. And I think the Nexus will be the smoothest, fastest, and highest performing phone.

Also remember that the RAZR 2 will be our by mid next year, and HTC will keep pushing out new phones which will be made for ICS, but this may be the only pure Google optimized phone for a while

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didnt know a camera became a major selling point. I never heard one mention of a zero shudder lag camera before they announced it on the GN. Now its a must have feature?

Its only about 150mah less then the Razr, does that make a big difference?

Ask the Thunderbolt owners who needed to get the 2600mAh battery just to get the phone to last till dinner time on a full charge. HTC has horrendous battery life. My girlfriends TBolt wouldn't make it to lunch on a standard battery when she took it off the charger at 6am. And she disabled 4G, turned off updates, disabled most of the features, set the screen brightness down low, 30 seconds to turn off display, etc... It's like HTC never actually ran the phone through quality control with the stock battery and to this day their only "fix" is to sell you a huge batter that makes the phone ridiculously bulky.

No thanks.

deputc26

Reaction score
ICS, NFC, and to a lesser extent the barometer make it the GN for me, finally going to replace the OG Droid. Just Wish the GN didn't have so much dead space above and below the screen, it could be smaller than it is especially since it has no buttons.

mastacox

Reaction score
Some people are right that it's all kind of complex, but you've explained it all kind of backwards, starting with your use of "larger aperture" vs. "higher aperture"

the larger the aperture the more light the sensor gets. stop go like this F1.4, 2, 2.8, 4, 5.6 ,8. the higher the aperture the more that will be in focus.

The lens' f-number is defined as the focal length divided by the entrance pupil diameter. Essentially, a numerically "lower" f-number (meaning a large entry pupil diameter, and/or a lower focal length) will focus a larger cone of light onto the sensor. This can mean a better picture in low light situations because the sensor doesn't need to increase its sensitivity, which increases noise, and also means a narrower depth of field (which could be good or bad, depending on its application).

but this usually only applies to dslrs.....i mean with a cell phone camera sensor you dont need to worry about thisnt not really being infocus unless it just misses.....

F-number applies to all cameras, even cheap disposable ones. The secret is that fixed-focus cameras (e.g. disposables or most cheap cell phone cameras) have a numerically "high" f-number, like f/22. This makes their depth of field very deep so they can be focused on anything from infinity to maybe 5 feet, but they have poor low-light sensitivity.

2.2 isnt all that fast but its better vs 2.8....

That depends on more than just one number...

the larger the aperture the less we have to worry about the ISO being shot up! which means sharper pictures...

Given two identical sensors, and a properly-focused image, this could be true but isn't automatic.

Last edited:

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Ah Dre Beats vs (so far) thinnest phone vs first "no haptic buttons thingy" ics phone!

[ ] Motorola Droid: Miui 1.9.30 (BROKEN)
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2.2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What the heck are you really going to do with a barometer? Unless you're a weatherman I don't see the need.