HTC Press Event - Official Launch of the HTC Rezound

ranger135

Reaction score
The battery is small, but I'm curious how fast that chip it has in it is. How does it compare to the galaxy nexus, or for that matter the galaxy s2 (which, as I understand it, is still the fastest phone on the market due to its significantly faster GPU than the nexus).

This article is pretty interesting. I'm not sure how relevant it is but it's worth a look. I don't think the sgx540's in the test were overclocked like the galaxy nexus and they weren't far behind the adreno 220 in fps.
AnandTech - Dual Core Snapdragon GPU Performance Explored - 1.5 GHz MSM8660 and Adreno 220 Benchmarks

713King

Reaction score
It will be hard to choose because it will be able to be unlocked and nice roms will be on the Rezound and soon ICS! Not only thay but the build quality will be better than the Nexus from the looks of it.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am extremely disappointed, been waiting to upgrade my Incredible to the next great HTC smartphone, well, this is not the one, first it has no Gorilla glass "I hate screen protectors", second it is thick as hell already, and with the extended battery "because I know that with sense the battery will drain pretty fast" it will be like a brick, 32GB max storage "wtf is that" my Incredible has more storage than that, are we going backwards here, it looks like the Moto Razr for me, which is build like a tank, thin as hell, Gorillas glass, splash guard to protect the phone and it's internals, Moto cast so I can access all my files on my computer "no need to download music, video or pictures to the phones storage".

No wonder HTC waited weeks after Moto and Samsung introduced their new smartphone, they knew they would not look to good, this is truly a bummer, heck their new BEATS "who f cares":mad: smartphone is not even on their website yet.

sb1831

Reaction score
After my experience with the battery life in previous HTC devices at launch, I'll pass.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rezound huh? The name killed any chance of me considering it.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The battery is small, but I'm curious how fast that chip it has in it is. How does it compare to the galaxy nexus, or for that matter the galaxy s2 (which, as I understand it, is still the fastest phone on the market due to its significantly faster GPU than the nexus).

It's the same SnapDragon found in the:
Evo 3D
Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I like it
2.jpg
3.jpg

it is a nice phone! I agree!

loki993

Reaction score
I am extremely disappointed, been waiting to upgrade my Incredible to the next great HTC smartphone, well, this is not the one, first it has no Gorilla glass "I hate screen protectors", second it is thick as hell already, and with the extended battery "because I know that with sense the battery will drain pretty fast" it will be like a brick, 32GB max storage "wtf is that" my Incredible has more storage than that, are we going backwards here, it looks like the Moto Razr for me, which is build like a tank, thin as hell, Gorillas glass, splash guard to protect the phone and it's internals, Moto cast so I can access all my files on my computer "no need to download music, video or pictures to the phones storage".

No wonder HTC waited weeks after Moto and Samsung introduced their new smartphone, they knew they would not look to good, this is truly a bummer, heck their new BEATS "who f cares":mad: smartphone is not even on their website yet.

Where does it say it doesn't have Gorilla Glass?

King_Bean

Reaction score
I loooooooooooove my HTC DICN2 and I loooooove Sense but if I were in the market for a new phone, I'd probably pass on this for three reasons

1) No gorilla glass (assuming this is true)

2) Size of battery has me worried

3) Thicker than I'd like

King_Bean

Reaction score
I loooooooooooove my HTC DICN2 and I loooooove Sense but if I were in the market for a new phone, I'd probably pass on this for three reasons

1) No gorilla glass (assuming this is true)

2) Size of battery has me worried

3) Thicker than I'd like

Maybe the person who said this doesn't have gorilla glass was confusing this with the Nexus. But even if it does have gorilla glass, I'd probably still pass on this phone.

But then again, I guess it depends on real-world use. I never buy a phone until it's been out for at least a month, which gives me time to read plenty of reviews and stuff.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I wonder if this will have SVDO like the TB.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wonder if this will have SVDO like the TB.

I haven't heard anything about the Rezound having SVDO like the Tbolt. As far as I know the tbolt is the only phone to have SVDO.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk