Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

vz.jpg

Verizon Wireless has been turning out Android phones lately like their is no tomorrow, what with the RAZR and the Samsung GalaxyNexus a few weeks ago and now the HTC Rezound, which comes with Beats Audio integration.

Want to see how the Rezound stacks up to the other two? CNET created this chart for your perusal.

HTC Rezound- Motorola Droid Razr- Samsung Galaxy Nexus-

Display4.3 inches, Super LCD HD, 1,280x720-pixel resolution4.3 inches, Super AMOLED Advanced, qHD 960x540-pixel resolution4.65 inches, Super AMOLED HD, 1,280x720-pixel resolution
Dimensions129x65.5x13.65mm (5.07 x 2.58 x 0.54 inch)130.7x68.9x7.1mm (5.14 x 2.71 x 0.28 inch)135.5x67.94x8.94mm (5.33 x 2.67 x 0.35 inch) for the HSPA+ model
Weight?? (waiting to hear from HTC)127 grams (4.48 ounces)135 grams (4.76 ounces)
Processor1.5GHz dual-core processor1.2GHz dual-core processor1.2GHz dual-core processor
OSAndroid 2.3 Gingerbread, HTC Sense 3.5 (upgradable to ICS)Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread, Motoblur interface (upgradable to ICS)Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Rear camera8-megapixel, f/2.2, dual LED flash; 1080p HD video capture8-megapixel, 1080p HD video capture5-megapixel, with zero shutter lag; 1080p HD video capture
Front camera2-megapixel1.3-megapixel, 720p HD video1.3-megapixel
RAM1GB1GB1GB
Storage16GB onboard; 16GB card preinstalled. Supports up to 32GB microSD card16GB onboard; 16GB card preinstalled. Supports up to 32GB microSD card16GB or 32GB onboard. No word if there's room for microSD storage.
Battery1,620mAH; removable1,780mAh; not removable1,750mAh; removable
BluetoothBluetooth 3.0Bluetooth 4.0Bluetooth 3.0
NFCNoNoYes
BarometerNoNoYes
4GLTELTELTE or Pentaband HSPA+ (depends on market)
DLNAYesYesYes
Beats AudioYes, comes with Beat earbudsNoNo

Via: CNET.COM

Last edited:

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Twice as thick as the RAZR with less battery ? WTH ! HTC always had problems with their batteries , didn't they learn anything ? Probably Beats Audio software needs 13.65 mm to work .

equake

Reaction score
This is a fine chart and the only thing missing is the weight of the Rezound which is going to be significantly more bulky than the other two. Note the Rezound is almost twice as thick as the RAZR but has a smaller capacity battery. The RAZR is wider and taller than the Rezound.

Last edited:

xCaldazar

Reaction score
Whats the 'f/2.2' refer to with the camera? Is it the capability of the lens or sensor in some way?

Also will any of them have micro hdmi or mhl?

jfe

Reaction score
Don't forget the ever useful "barometer"

jfe

Reaction score
I'm really leaning twords the RAZR. If the camera sucks then it's going back.

If it's as fast as the Bionic, no thanks. The Zero lag from the Nexus is what really appeals to me

xCaldazar

Reaction score
Last edited:

shizumie

Reaction score
i know its a cell phone first, however i have 4 children and dont carry a pas camera everywhere i go, so camera is very important to me, i would prefer htc then moto, then nex (only because i have never had a sammy) however the the best camera will be the choice for me. i no everyone says the nex is best but i am waiting for some actual pics from each before i chose... just wish nex had sd card. really dont understand why the didnt include.

xCaldazar

Reaction score
^ The internal storage will run faster. I imagine that would be Samsung's choice on it. I imagine that would keep up with a 0 shutter speed camera better.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
So in simple terms, better low light photos due to the lens?

Do we know what the Razr and GNex are at for their aperture? I'll search in a bit, but wasn't sure if it was an advertised spec for them.

Edit: I guess it(aperture) makes the length it can focus on larger. So more subjects can be in focus at one time? It makes it more versatile. I hope I understand that right.

the larger the aperture the more light the sensor gets. stop go like this F1.4, 2, 2.8, 4, 5.6 ,8. the higher the aperture the more that will be in focus.

but this usually only applies to dslrs.....i mean with a cell phone camera sensor you dont need to worry about thisnt not really being infocus unless it just misses.....

2.2 isnt all that fast but its better vs 2.8....

its all kind of hard to explain.

the larger the aperture the less we have to worry about the ISO being shot up! which means sharper pictures...

xCaldazar

Reaction score
^ Cool that makes sense. I still think that the Samsung GNex with its fast photos will be better in general for me.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If I had to pick it'd be between the Razr and Nexus. I don't like HTC phones and am not a huge fan of the SnapDragon CPU.