[HOW TO] Root your Motorola Droid RAZR [Windows Only]

Wetdream

Reaction score
first time root today..

first time rooter gonna root today! hope it all goes well... but im glad i joined this forum. seems like a down to earth and helpful group on here (unlike a few other tech and deals forums where people think their sh*t dont stink and belittle you for not knowing).
what i want out of rooting is:
- battery savings
- remove bloatware installed

anyone have a good starter list of un needed programs i can get rid of?
any other good things you can do to your phone after rooting, other than things in SETCPU (like over/under clocking)?
anyone have a good idea on how to tweak it for battery savings?

i found these:
[ROOT] Using SetCPU + Perflock Disabler to Save Battery, Underclock - Android Forums
How to save my battery? (Just Rooted)

but none of them are RAZR specific of course, and are really outdated.

i have experience jailbreaking the ipod touch (not phone).. yea - way back when me and a buddy got into that - it was an almost 6 hour process when it first launched to do this and that. but wow - it opened up the ability for me to do what i want with the item i OWNED.. apple seems to still think they own their products after sale lol f them.

cheers! ill post back after rooted.

thelastbill

Reaction score
Hello all!

Thanks for all the great info.

I have the new RZR and this was my first ever root.

My only question so far: I have downloaded Titanium backup. I backed up all the apps and settings. If my phone were to brick, can anyone give me instructions or a link to how I recover it?

Thanks again! I look forward to contributing to this forum!

Hibbz3030

Reaction score
Won't allow me to root.

I would like to call myself educated in this subject, but it will not let me root my RAZR. "The system cannot find the path specified"... on all of them

idk what to do now. I've tried restarting all the steps and every time it does same thing. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

jtsativa420

Reaction score
As of right now I don't think there is a way to recover from a brick as there is no way to sbf file.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
Successfully rooted my Droid RAZR with this, much thanks to all who've put time into this and provided us with a successful and VERY easy method. Sooooo Much easier than when i rooted my D1. Thanks again! :icon_ devil:

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
I would like to call myself educated in this subject, but it will not let me root my RAZR. "The system cannot find the path specified"... on all of them

idk what to do now. I've tried restarting all the steps and every time it does same thing. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Are you 100% sure you have ADB installed on your PC?

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Successfully rooted my Droid RAZR with this, much thanks to all who've put time into this and provided us with a successful and VERY easy method. Sooooo Much easier than when i rooted my D1. Thanks again! :icon_ devil:

Nice! :biggrin:

Kimo91

Reaction score
Quick question: I plan on rooting my Razr when I upgrade to it next week but once rooted, can you still get the software updates as long as I don't install a ROM?

Sent from my Boeing approved rooted and Apex'd Gingerbread D2G

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Quick question: I plan on rooting my Razr when I upgrade to it next week but once rooted, can you still get the software updates as long as I don't install a ROM?

Sent from my Boeing approved rooted and Apex'd Gingerbread D2G

Correct. :biggrin:

Tonyr570

Reaction score
how long did the command prompt sit after it started daemon cuz mine just says daemon successfully started and it hasn't done anything since.

ytsud

Reaction score
It didn't really stop Tony. Just kept going down the page with lines of commands until it rebooted my phone. And the last thing it said was press any key when ready. After my phone booted, I predded enter and the script on the pc was gone. I removed the usb and started adding root programs to the busybox. Did you set your usb connection to charge only? and do you have the correct drivers for your computer? Might check those two things. Good luck.