[HOW TO] Root your Motorola Droid RAZR [Windows Only]

samj732

Reaction score
Ok, so I can make the back up and freeze apps with titanium?

Edit: I see, two different apps to do that. I'm lost in this world :)

Last edited:

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Titanium is for freezing and backing up apps. Clockwork recovery via razr bootstrapper will back up your system. Do you have the bootstrapper?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

samj732

Reaction score
Umm... no... where do I go for that?

P.S. thanks for your help. I was posting on Androidcentral forums before and nobody was helping me :(

samj732

Reaction score
Nope not yet. Still trying to get all the info I can before I take the leap, plus I don't have a computer at home. I'm gunna attempt it later this week I think, if I can muster up the courage haha

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have moved away from Tibu and now use App Manager by Jrummy. I like it a lot better. And it works with TiBu anyway. Meaning when I first installed App manager it recognized the apps that were frozen with TiBu as being frozen. I could also unfreeze them. Great app....and it's cheaper.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Sam: don't be scared. I was at first but once I did I'd never have it any other way.

Nerd: when restoring baked up apps, does it do it on it's own or do u have to press install every single time.

I ran across an app that installed them w/o user input after each step, but cannot find it anymore.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you buy the premium version of either Tibu or App manager you can hit the menu key, batch, restore missing apps and it will do the rest without any interaction. Just sit back and watch the magic.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
I have bought the premium tbu but have not tried it as of late. Will try tonight.

gling

Reaction score
Here's my experience unrooting my Razr.
I had to unroot to return my Razr for an exchange. Tried Z4 and although it said successful, when I looked in the app drawer, Superuser was still there and all root apps still worked. I then tried Doomlord's unroot at XDA and got the same result. I thought maybe Z4 might have removed something from the original root script, not letting Doomlord work, so I ran the root again (successfully) and tried Doomlord's unroot again and it worked. Did a factory data reset and boxed it up to return.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1350307

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Nice post, I am still on the fence about rooting mine until we get the SBF. Yet having this is nice too, might consider going ahead and rooting this sexy beast.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
if you buy the premium version of either Tibu or App manager you can hit the menu key, batch, restore missing apps and it will do the rest without any interaction. Just sit back and watch the magic.

You are correct! Wrkd like a charm. So why do you prefer app manager besides cost?

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
Razr bootstrapper boots into cwm!

Razr bootsrapper? I don't have CWM installed yet tho. When i try flashing it via Rom Manager it won't let me... Is that something i enter into terminal or? Lil confused here obviously. lol....

hehe, thanks! I got a new hat for my avi. Will put it on once the Nexus launches lol

Can't wait to see it bro. :) Gorillaz FTW! haha

Last edited:

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Razr bootsrapper? I don't have CWM installed yet tho. When i try flashing it via Rom Manager it won't let me... Is that something i enter into terminal or? Lil confused here obviously. lol....

Can't wait to see it bro. :) Gorillaz FTW! haha

Do you have bootstrapper? It is in one of my previous posts on the prior page (a mediafire link). Just dl, install, and run it.
No need to install recovery via Rom Manager.
I have had no problems with it. Let me know if it works for you.

Last edited: