How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
so ive read about every thread on rooting my phone and it wont work.... im on a mac os x running snow lepoard and i downloaded the revoked3 found in this thread and i keep getting this error message : "failed to get root. is your firmware too new?"

does anyone have any idea how to get past this... do i have to factory restore my phone or anything like that before i try to root it?:icon_ banana::reddroid:

Give it a try again. We've seen this message appear on the Macs a lot. And it usually take 2 or 3 attempts before it will take. Also take a look at this thread here to see if it will help resolve your issue, Can't root my DINC!!! HELP!!!.

jeffwerf

Reaction score
so ive read about every thread on rooting my phone and it wont work.... im on a mac os x running snow lepoard and i downloaded the revoked3 found in this thread and i keep getting this error message : "failed to get root. is your firmware too new?"

does anyone have any idea how to get past this... do i have to factory restore my phone or anything like that before i try to root it?:icon_ banana::reddroid:

Give it a try again. We've seen this message appear on the Macs a lot. And it usually take 2 or 3 attempts before it will take. Also take a look at this thread here to see if it will help resolve your issue, Can't root my DINC!!! HELP!!!.

IM ROOTED!!!!:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

THANKYOU!

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

THANKYOU!

Glad to hear it!

jeffwerf

Reaction score

THANKYOU!

Glad to hear it!

Okay so I rooted my phone and downloaded Rom manager and now all of a sudden anything I goto download in the app store starts to dl and then immediately goes to download complete but nothing downloads and it still says purchased not installed in "my apps" has this happened to anyone

LouTrell

Reaction score
Got root on the first try!

Enlightened, you absolutely rock!

Thanks very much!

Weeman

Reaction score
Um I dont see HTC sync Dropbox or any of things im supposed to uninstall on my PC

OP
enlightened

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you don't see any HTC sync, Doubletwist, etc. then just move on to the next steps in the tutorial. If you don't have 'em you can't delete 'em. :)

kyle10

Reaction score
All rite I'm 2 the step where u plug it up and run unrevoked and I checked to make sure It said the Android dbs thing and it does but its just sitting here saying waiting for device and yes I'm set to charge only and unknown sources ore on and Ian debugging. Wat is wrong???

cherry919

Reaction score
Enlightened - you are the bomb! Long time geek, 1st time phone rooter. I followed you very well written instructions, was patient, and rooted my Dinc on the first try. For the record, I'm using Vista, Service Pack 2, 32bit. Thanks again. Now time to do some more reading to prepare to install a new ROM.

JohnSpencerP

Reaction score
Issue with Unrevoked recognizing my phone

I previously used Unrevoked on my first Incredible back before the OTA update around September. I have a new one that is running stock 2.2 and Unrevoked isn't recognizing it. It doesn't say "unrecognizable" or anything like that. I looked over this forum for an answer and I'm coming up stumped.
I uninstalled Dropbox and Doubletwist from my computer. I also removed HTC Sync from my phone to be safe. I'm running Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

What am I doing wrong?

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I previously used Unrevoked on my first Incredible back before the OTA update around September. I have a new one that is running stock 2.2 and Unrevoked isn't recognizing it. It doesn't say "unrecognizable" or anything like that. I looked over this forum for an answer and I'm coming up stumped.
I uninstalled Dropbox and Doubletwist from my computer. I also removed HTC Sync from my phone to be safe. I'm running Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

What am I doing wrong?

Give it a try again. This seems to happen on the Macs a lot. And it usually take 2 or 3 attempts before it will take. Also take a look at this thread here to see if it will help resolve your issue, Can't root my DINC!!! HELP!!!.

JohnSpencerP

Reaction score

What am I doing wrong?

Give it a try again. This seems to happen on the Macs a lot. And it usually take 2 or 3 attempts before it will take. Also take a look at this thread here to see if it will help resolve your issue, Can't root my DINC!!! HELP!!!.

Hmm, I've checked out the thread you gave and the links on there as well. I appreciate the help though. I guess I'll try it on another computer whenever I get a chance.

BWAT1009

Reaction score
I have begun running the unrevoked 3.3.2 reflash program three times and it starts and then says "communication with the phone has been unexpectedly interrupted, please try again" any suggestions?? I have a feeling that the problem is probably related to the drivers as it was unable to install them on the first attempt. It did say that it was successful on the second and the process seemed to begin running (phone rebooted into boot menu with the USB boot option showing but then the computer said "Waiting for boot loader, ensure driver is installed") am I missing a step or something. I am so new to this so i am probably doing something wrong... Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

BWAT1009

Reaction score
I have begun running the unrevoked 3.3.2 reflash program three times and it starts and then says "communication with the phone has been unexpectedly interrupted, please try again" any suggestions?? I have a feeling that the problem is probably related to the drivers as it was unable to install them on the first attempt. It did say that it was successful on the second and the process seemed to begin running (phone rebooted into boot menu with the USB boot option showing but then the computer said "Waiting for boot loader, ensure driver is installed") am I missing a step or something. I am so new to this so i am probably doing something wrong... Thanks for the help.

Update*** I was correct, I had not installed the android adb drivers. Rookie mistake. I found very detailed instructions including screen shots on another forum here is link if anyone needs it:

http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/windows_hboot_driver_install

I did that and the process worked flawlessly (although it did require 2 attempts, first gave the same "is your firmware too new" message that I saw in a previous post. I followed the suggestion and tried again and it worked like a champ). Thanks for the great work, if an incredibly unskilled person like myself can root via these instructions, then anyone can.

Last edited:

mr wrong

Reaction score
Is it too early to try this on my AT&T HTC Inspire 4G?

This is my first Android device, so I'm pretty new at all this, and a little scared of doing something wrong, and bricking it..