How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

calebgoesbig

Reaction score
Followed instructions.. WORKED PERFECTLY!

Just wanted to say thank you for the very detailed instructions laid out in the first post. I followed them carefully, and in no time I had successfully rooted my HTC Incredible! Now to have some real fun! C

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just rooted following the instructions everything went well. When it was over i was in clockworkmod recovery. As i was going to make a backup i went into Hboot and still see S-ON. However, i have the superuser icon in my app drawer. Anyone have any ideas? i have made a backup fine and am going to try and flash a rom soon.

You can flash unrevoked forever to get s-off. Go here for download and instructions, public:forever [RootWiki].

hunt9270

Reaction score
thank you so much for the very simple tutorial here!!! I had to run the flash tool a couple times on my pc as once it just sat there waiting for the device and the 2nd time it said my firmware was too new. But 3rd it ran fine and took less than 10 minutes. Thanks again for making such easy to follow directions!!!

rjs987

Reaction score
I just rooted following the instructions everything went well. When it was over i was in clockworkmod recovery. As i was going to make a backup i went into Hboot and still see S-ON. However, i have the superuser icon in my app drawer. Anyone have any ideas? i have made a backup fine and am going to try and flash a rom soon.

You can flash unrevoked forever to get s-off. Go here for download and instructions, public:forever [RootWiki].

I recently flashed a rom (incredible re engineered) thru clockwork recovery everything went fine but on bootup it was stuck on hch boot screen I waited 10 min then pulled battery rebooted and same thing happened. I ended up flashing the backup I made prior to flashing the rom. I have two questions
1) why on the instructions does it say you no longer need to run unrevoked forever because unrevoked3 will provide s-off. But this did not happen for me. Is this normal?
2) do I need s-off to flash roms? Or could I just have a corrupt download?

ChelseaBlue

Reaction score
I've been trying to root my din for hours now and I keep getting the firmware to new error. I've been trying to Find a fix but every time someone posts that they are having the problem it they say they've fixed it bbefore a possible fix has been given. Please help.

Thank you in advance!

Okay, I finally rooted it! I reinstalled the drivers., downloaded unrevoked and made triple sure all required. Boxes were checked. Viola s-off and rooted.

This is a fantastic walkthrough providing you're not as blockheadu liike myself!

Cheer!

Last edited:

lievense81

Reaction score
Driver

When in HBOOT I see the Android Bootlader Interface driver but it does not come up when I connect my phone in normal mode. Anyone have any ideas why this is. I've re-installled it several times and have all my phone settings set right.

OP
enlightened

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. Does your driver list on your computer show an exclamation point next to the ADB driver? If so, you need to manually install the driver per the OP.

lievense81

Reaction score
Oh I see. It did have the exclamation point next to it. I manually installed it again with my phone in normal mode and it is there now and I am rooted! Thanks.

glowing_knight

Reaction score
I did everything as instructed and my Incredible is not not being detected by Unrevoked. I get to where I run Unrevoked and nothing happens.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did everything as instructed and my Incredible is not not being detected by Unrevoked. I get to where I run Unrevoked and nothing happens.

Are you on a Mac or PC? If on PC, did you installed the required drivers?

tribbey

Reaction score
i know this is a stupid question and even from someone with there phone rooted and modded and whatnot but i cant rememeber when i rooted if all my apps had been deleted or my phone was factory reseted in the procedure of rooting or after the rooting is done will everything still be on the phone and if using launcher pro will that stay on the phone. mainly will anything change or delete or will the phone boot back up the way it was before rooting... i just cant remember... please and thank you in advance for answering my question

and i know backup and titanium backup but thats after root

kasuji

Reaction score
im stucked at "On Windows (only), open the Device Manager and verify that you see the "Android for ADB""

dont see that on device manager, only "My HTC"

nonetheless i tried unrevoked, it was stuck at INTERNAL ERROR. googled but cant find an answer. any help? :(

BWAT1009

Reaction score
im stucked at "On Windows (only), open the Device Manager and verify that you see the "Android for ADB""

dont see that on device manager, only "My HTC"
:(

I don't think that you have the correct drivers (the adb drivers) installed. I was confused about that when i rooted mine. Follow these instructions and see if it helps:

public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]