How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Hacks' started by enlightened, Dec 4, 2010.

1. kdm3170

kdm3170 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks

Sent from my Droid Inc. using DroidForums

2. tsruggles

tsruggles New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Worked perectly!

Thank you ENLIGHTENED! I have been watching videos and doing all kinds of research about rooting. I have ostracized my friends and family by trying to make a decision whether to root my dINC or not. Well, I finally did it just now. It worked the first time without any issues. Please understand, I am a 30 something year old electrician. I am not exactly a tech expert by any means. I do however possess the ability to do extensive research and follow directions extremely well. Your instructions worked out and I am so happy to see my phone in proper working order! Now I just need to figure out what to do with my phone now that it is rooted. Thank you again!

3. jblackfish

jblackfish New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In Step 2, Item #6, I don't see "Android for ADB" - I see "ADB" in Device Manager, (Other Devices) with a question mark by it. What am I doing wrong? All was perfect to this point.

#99 jblackfish, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  4. YSHDT

YSHDT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    (noob)/ Hello :). I was hoping someone would be able to assist me with an issue i am having while trying to root. I have installed the drivers and the reflash off of this article and followed all steps up to Step 2 part 8 where i keep running into "Communication with phone unexpectedly interrupted. Try again". I have also run into the screen
    "Failed to push recovery image. Terminatted" I cannot seem to find a solution to this problem.

Using Win/XP
    Do not have HTC sync installed on pc
    Was not instructed here to pull the battery so i never did, though i have been watching videos of Sept 2010 Root for the Inc that do this method...maybe that is where i went wrong?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ow-root-stock-2-2-using-unrevoked-3-32-a.html / this is what i am following for the root process

Any help would be appreciated, though i am sure everyone is tired of hearing about this XD

5. YSHDT

YSHDT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Figured it out.

Used Laptop instead of wasting more time with Desktop.
    Ran into "Error: Is your firmware too new?"
    Waited 5 minutes and retried the DL and worked

6. Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In Windows:
    Download and install unrEVOked modified USB Driver
    1. Uninstall HTC Sync, DoubleTwist, and DropBox from the PC. They can be reinstalled later if you desire, but for now they've got to go.

Hey... Can anybody tell me where I'll find HTC Sync, DoubleTwist, and Dropbox on my computer?

Thanks

7. kvnm85

kvnm85 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    More than likely they wont be on your computer unless you installed them to the computer

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

8. YSHDT

YSHDT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    By chance that those were on your PC you should be able find them in the add/remove programs section within My Computer. That is where I had located sync and dropbox.

Hoe Tribe

9. khw1959

khw1959 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    About to pull the root trigger. I am curious though about something and too lazy to wade through volumes of posts looking for it.
    Can I just root the phone and not flash new roms? I just wish to take control of my phone like my PC and delete bloatware. :icon_eek:

10. pdub75

pdub75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unexpected communication error

I am trying to root my droid incredible 2.1 and everything should be right. I followed the directions exactly with the driver install and checked just as instructed. The unrevoked seems to operate properly untill the end while rooting it keeps saying communications with phone unexpetedly interupted, try again. I have tried multiples and it just keeps doing the same thing. any suggestions? I am operating with windows pc vista.

11. Wawaloha

Wawaloha New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    stock 2.2?

I'm trying to root an Incredible for a friend that's running on 2.2. I've followed all the steps but when I get to the flashing on step 2 it fails. The error message (on the computer) asks if I'm using the most current software. When re-reading the instructions I noticed it said STOCK 2.2. Does this mean if there is an update it won't work? If not, how can I revert back to stock 2.2?

12. enlightened

enlightened Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4
    Are you trying to root an Incredible or Incredible 2?

Search tags for this page
how to use unrevoked
how to use unrevoked for incredible
ø¯ø§ù†ù„ùˆø¯ ø¨ø±ù†ø§ù…ù‡ unrevoked 3.3
root using unrevoked
unrevoked

unrevoked 3.33

unrevoked 3.33 download
unrevoked for mac os x 10.5.8
unrevoked modified usb driver
using unrevoked