How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

BWAT1009

Reaction score
Probably need to start a new thread

I could be wrong but I don't think that you will have much luck getting an answer to your question on this thread. I certainly have no idea as to how device specific these reflash programs are. I would recommend looking for a forum that is specific to your phone and starting a new thread asking if you can use the unrevoked 3.32 reflash to root your model. It was not hard for me to use and I am as novice as it gets but it could be different for a different phone so I would do more research if you aren't a pro...

sudod2g

Reaction score
Just got my d-inc today already rooted with ease thanks to this tutorial. Good stuff.

d2g liberty 1.5 romer v5
fascinate voodoo kl
incredible incredibly engineered v2.3

dmm108

Reaction score
thanks muchly

To enlightened, for a very straightforward guide to rooting my Droid Incredible. Thanks -

dmm108

twildt

Reaction score
so how do you reboot the incredible? i only see a "power off" option.

i finished the rooting process and the unrevoked3 told me "Done". im trying to verify now that its completed. when i use the power off and then power it back on i don't get the menu to change modes such as hboot or recovery.

Edit: Never mind, i installed a quick boot option used for rooted phones only and it asked for superuser rights. IM ROOTED!

Last edited:

BWAT1009

Reaction score

i finished the rooting process and the unrevoked3 told me "Done". im trying to verify now that its completed. when i use the power off and then power it back on i don't get the menu to change modes such as hboot or recovery.

Edit: Never mind, i installed a quick boot option used for rooted phones only and it asked for superuser rights. IM ROOTED!

powering down and then back on IS a reboot

sudod2g

Reaction score

Unroot, or read the stickies all of the info you need is a Google search away.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

ppham211

Reaction score
new user stuck on unrevoked waiting for reboot

im a new user of droid incredible verizon 2.2 from the box. so ive dled the drivers successfully, and when i run unrevoked it reboots and goes back to home screen and unrevoked is stuck at "waiting for reboot." what do i do? is debugging suppose to shut off when it goes back to homescreen? help?! please! my phone doesnt last me the whole day and im going phoneless before night!

BWAT1009

Reaction score
Correct Drivers??

im a new user of droid incredible verizon 2.2 from the box. so ive dled the drivers successfully, and when i run unrevoked it reboots and goes back to home screen and unrevoked is stuck at "waiting for reboot." what do i do? is debugging suppose to shut off when it goes back to homescreen? help?! please! my phone doesnt last me the whole day and im going phoneless before night!

Are you sure that you installed the correct drivers? Mine did this same thing because I had not even though i thought I had. The drivers needed are not the ones stored on the phone and installed via plug n play method. They must be downloaded and installed manually. If this helps, I posted the links and instructions for this earlier on this thread (look back one or two pages). If it doesn't help, sorry that is all I can think of.

ppham211

Reaction score
I dled the driver files from rootwiki and unzipped. I updated the driver software from device manager. In the end I see Android phone.what are the exact steps I have to take after that? Is there anything else I need to dl?

BWAT1009

Reaction score
Ppham i dont know what to tell you. If all of that is done correctly it should do the work for u. Worked like a charm for me once i got the right usb drivers installed on my computer. Sorry i couldnt help more.

KyleTiger

Reaction score
Ok. After following the steps multiple times, I finally got the ReFlash program to work. But then it got stuck on Rebooting and didn't move. I unplugged the phone and tried one more time and now I have root.

WOOT!

Last edited:

ppham211

Reaction score
ok so once unrevoked starts and gets to "waiting for reboot" while the phone goes to homescreen...i should wait until something happens?

kameleongt

Reaction score
Just picked up a Dinc came from a droid x directions worked perfectly first times a charm and getting ready for a new rom now thanks for the great write up OP

ChelseaBlue

Reaction score
I've been trying to root my din for hours now and I keep getting the firmware to new error. I've been trying to Find a fix but every time someone posts that they are having the problem it they say they've fixed it bbefore a possible fix has been given. Please help.

Thank you in advance!

rjs987

Reaction score
I just rooted following the instructions everything went well. When it was over i was in clockworkmod recovery. As i was going to make a backup i went into Hboot and still see S-ON. However, i have the superuser icon in my app drawer. Anyone have any ideas? i have made a backup fine and am going to try and flash a rom soon.