How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

blnko6

Reaction score
ok this is gotta be the most stupid question but ....... how do i install the drivers from step one ? i plug my phone in and it says install drivers but then it gives me an error cause there is no CD :(?
man i should have kept my rooted D1... hahaha jp
well thanks for the help.

According to the OP:

*In XP: the New Hardware Found Wizard should appear. Tell it NOT to use Windows Update, and moving along, tell it to look in a specified location. It will pop up a file open dialog. Navigate to the Android USB Driver folder, click OK then click Next.

*In Windows Vista/ Windows 7: You might not see the New Hardware Found Wizard. Open the Device Manager (Right click My Computer, select Manage, then select the Device Manager). You will see an Android Phone node in the tree with a "caution" icon node beneath it. Right click on the caution-marked node and select Update Driver. Select NOT to look in Windows Update; instead, choose Install from a specified location. It will pop up a file open dialog. Navigate to the Android USB Driver folder, click OK, then click Next.

thanks bro, but ok i did everything and after selecting device manager there is no Android Phone node....:icon_evil:

nyr900

Reaction score
says that i cannot use this version on reflash with this version of mac OS.... heeelllpp

Last edited by a moderator:

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
says that i cannot use this version on reflash with this version of mac OS.... wtf.... heeelllpp

Give us the exact error that it is telling you, and also what version of Mac OS are you using?

nyr900

Reaction score
"you cannot use this version of the application Reflash with this version of Mac OS X." ..... and i am using a macbook... running version 10.5.8

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"you cannot use this version of the application Reflash with this version of Mac OS X." ..... and i am using a macbook... running version 10.5.8

I have not seen this problem before. Do you have another Mac or PC that you could try?

zachslusser

Reaction score
I am getting this same error as well and running the same version of OS X. PLEASE HELP!

nyr900

Reaction score
i wish i had an answer for you, i tried a few things to no avail... and the pc i have at work sucks, so i cant use that, let me know if you figure something out zach

obrien7360

Reaction score
i just tried this method and i believe i dotn have htc sync on my computer because i cant find it anywhere on my computer and on the unstall program list. i keep getting the "failed to push recovery " message .. help!

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i just tried this method and i believe i dotn have htc sync on my computer because i cant find it anywhere on my computer and on the unstall program list. i keep getting the "failed to push recovery " message .. help!

Are you on a PC or Mac? If on a PC, do you have the proper drivers installed?

obrien7360

Reaction score
i got rid of htc sync and the drivers.. then i install them again just uninstalled htc sync and kept the driver but that didnt work so i uninstalled the htc driver and it still didnt work.. ya i have a pc

jeffwerf

Reaction score
so ive read about every thread on rooting my phone and it wont work.... im on a mac os x running snow lepoard and i downloaded the revoked3 found in this thread and i keep getting this error message : "failed to get root. is your firmware too new?"

does anyone have any idea how to get past this... do i have to factory restore my phone or anything like that before i try to root it?:icon_ banana::reddroid: