How much will the Verizon iPhone affect Android?

If Verizon offers an iPhone will you buy one?

• Never, I'm Android for life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely, been waiting for it

• Depends on <insert reason here>

• Keep it on AT&T!

• Undecided

• Total voters

UNC

Reaction score
I read these posts and what stands out is most are based on nothing but speculation.
No one can say for sure if the iphone is coming to Verizon or not, and if it does, when.
No one can say if it comes will it be 3G or 4G.
No one can say if the CDMA chips made for the iphone are for the USA or China.
No one can say how many will jump from the Android system to the iPhone system, or even from RIM to iPhone.
No one can say if Verizon’s 3G network will slow that much, since if 4G phones come before the iphone, it can be easily assumed a lot of 3G service users will be 4G users by next summer. In addition, the coming of tiered service might allow for less traffic.

And what amazes me is why we should care. If someone wants an iPhone over an Android device, so what. Unless you are a stock holder in Motorola, Samsun, HTC, etc., does it hurt anyone if someone wants an iPhone? Personally, I don’t like it, have friends who like it, and other friend who have tried it and jumped to Blackberry or Android from the iPhone. But it sure does not bother me what they heck they use. So long as when I call, they can hear me.

This! +1

Now you'll get a few fandroids in here saying they own stock in Google. Fandroids are fun!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol....I guess yall never hung out in a rumored phone thread huh...I guess its fine to play the guessing game with rumored phones, jut not with were they may or may not be going....

Reaction score
I was really wanting a Droid X to replace my Droid 1, but then thinking about how fast this is moving and now Verizon saying they are going to have 4G where I live, I think it's better to wait and see what Android phones are available before buying one, though I want one that still has the CDMA chip so I can use the phone everywhere while they are switching over.

+1 for iOS having better games and multimedia. I thought about it, and for me, I decided I would rather use a computer or xbox to play games, but having the Google tools embedded so well into the OS so I have a solid cloud experience and I have the ability to change things I don't like in the OS, and most of all, the hardcore community that is working on things for the Android platform, the games and multimedia that the iPhone currently has is not enough for me to switch.

Big Cam

Reaction score
If it came out LTE enabled, I might consider it. I've moved beyond my Droid being a tinker-toy for me, so a lot of the "customizability" isn't so important to me any more. I don't if anyone knows for sure, however, if all of the iPhone's issues were AT&T's fault or Apple's fault. It seems to me it was a combo of both. So if it came to Verizon and was still a crappy phone, what's the point? So, the "wait and see" approach would probably be a good one for anybody considering switching if/when this happens...
You summed up my thoughts pretty well.

It seems like the android marketplace isn't really moving forward.

Where are all these cool games we were promised, where is the functionality apps. We are doing great but I would have guessed we'd start closing in on allm the cool apps the iphone has. For now I'm loyal, and I don't know if I could ever actually own an apple product, but time will tell.