How many actually got the OTA?

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Got mine about 3:30 a.m. last night... The screen went white and woke me up

nateccnn

Reaction score
My buddy in the next office got it Saturday. I won't comment on my situation as it would just be OT.

Nate

Big Cam

Reaction score
I waited just to see if it would ever happen.

I got it Saturday night, and I bought my droid in January.

Dsrtwhlr

Reaction score
2.1 upgrade - Yesterday

Had my phone about a month - just got the 2.1 upgrade yesterday afternoon. Everything went smoothly - no issues to speak of.

Phoenix, AZ

MyDroid23

Reaction score
Got my update in Chicago on 4/4/10 at 10am. I woke up to my alarm and noticed the system update option. I added the Helix launcher 1 shortly after my update and now its like I have a brand new phone. All I need is flash and root access now!

KevinJ

Reaction score
Finally let it install this morning when I had time. Took less than 5 minutes.

I'm in Michigan, and I got my phone December 11.

DIRTYDOGG

Reaction score
My 2.1 update was here when I wakie wakie this AM

Just got my Droid yesterday after noon and am Loving the hell out of it :)

Sal

Reaction score
Got it!! Just now. Am testing out voice recognition right now. Totally cool. The download was a little glitchy but it ended up working just fine. No google earth in market for me. Not sure if i will bother to do a factory reset for that alone. Is it worth it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got it!! Just now. Am testing out voice recognition right now. Totally cool. The download was a little glitchy but it ended up working just fine. No google earth in market for me. Not sure if i will bother to do a factory reset for that alone. Is it worth it?

It depends on whether or not you really think you need something that is going to take a huge amount of space on your phone. I personally don't feel I need it but here's what's weird in my case. After the upgrade, I downloaded Google Earth. I then went to the market and I couldn't see it anymore. I took it off my Droid and I could still see it in downloads but not in the market. Now I can't see it at all.

I just think that if I really want to use Google Earth that's something I prefer doing on my Mac then on my Droid. So I'm just going to let it go. Anyway is it guaranteed you'll see it after a factory reset?

Sal

Reaction score
no

It depends on whether or not you really think you need something that is going to take a huge amount of space on your phone. I personally don't feel I need it but here's what's weird in my case. After the upgrade, I downloaded Google Earth. I then went to the market and I couldn't see it anymore. I took it off my Droid and I could still see it in downloads but not in the market. Now I can't see it at all.

I just think that if I really want to use Google Earth that's something I prefer doing on my Mac then on my Droid. So I'm just going to let it go. Anyway is it guaranteed you'll see it after a factory reset?
Not sure. I read it worked for a couple of folks in another thread. Of hate to have to reset everything just for that. .