Forced/Standard OTA update

gruve

Reaction score
I know most people are doing the forced OTA update but how many people actually received the official OTA update from VZW?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
According to their memo 1,000 yesterday at noon and 9,000 more at midnight. IIRC there are supposed to be another 200,000 or so at midnight tonight.

KevinJ

Reaction score
I"mi just going to wait. I'm not in that much of a hurry to get it.

sik

Reaction score
Ya i was going to update from the site but i noticed most of the download links for it are from guys that like just joined yesterday which may be just my paranoia but i find it odd.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You guys are fine if you want to manually install...

it's the exact same thing that you will eventually get if you decide to wait. So either way you are fine.

The file only forces the update.

I've been running it since this morning and it runs great.

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score
I would do the forced update but I'm at work and can't unroot until I get home. I would imagine a good portion of us would have the OTA by Friday.

jramey

Reaction score
Ya i was going to update from the site but i noticed most of the download links for it are from guys that like just joined yesterday which may be just my paranoia but i find it odd.

The URL points directory to google's servers. No need to worry if you want it now.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...orce-motorola-droid-2-1-ota-update-ese81.html

Worked great! No need to burn up 40% battery, the update has been flawless with one exception. SWYPE beta now does not work, anybody found a fix?:unsure:

silvere2

Reaction score

The URL points directory to google's servers. No need to worry if you want it now.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...orce-motorola-droid-2-1-ota-update-ese81.html

Worked great! No need to burn up 40% battery, the update has been flawless with one exception. SWYPE beta now does not work, anybody found a fix?:unsure:

It works fine for me...

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I got the actual OTA update during the night. it was waiting for me when I got up this morning at 5:00 am. I read somewhere that the older DROIDS were going to be the first to get the OTA. I bought mine two days after release. I am not overly thrilled with the update though.