How many actually got the OTA?

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Not referring to those who downloaded and installed the update - I would specifically like to know how many users received the OTA update.

thanks!

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I have to admit I refused the update because of the fact that rumors were going around about them removing the recovery image so that you can not root. I have a version of ese81 but the rooted version. Wants you go root you do not ever want to go back.

What do you mean you 'refused' the update? Did you get an OTA notification that you did not accept?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to leave this thread open. The OP is asking who got the update via OTA. If you didn't get it that way then he probably doesn't want to know. Let's keep on topic.

cwzwack

Reaction score
Nothing for me yet. Not sure if it matters but I got my Droid 12/31/09 and am in the Baltimore, MD area. I've read other threads where there was speculation of how the OTA update was sent (date of activation vs. geographic location), but nothing affirmative.

w3man

Reaction score
I got my droid 11/10/09. I got my update 3/30 around midnight. Detroit, MI

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me jump in here for a second. We know for a fact that distribution OTA of the update is totally random. We tried tracking it down and there is absolutely no way to figure out a pattern. Might as well not even try.:)

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
They are now updating 200,000 units a day. I have read there are anywhere from 1-2 million Droids out there so everyoine should get it in the next 5-10 days.

kseeholzer

Reaction score
Will the OTA update still be sent/received on my phone if I downloaded and installed it manually? I have the Moto Droid and downloaded/installed 2.1 yesterday. So far, I am liking it.

edthesped

Reaction score
I installed 2.01 manually and never received an OTA update. I also installed 2.1 manually this time and don't expect to get the OTA update.

I'm now waiting to see when the wife will get 2.1 OTA.

Also, thanks for keeping this thread open as it's nice to know for a fact that 2.1 is actually being pushed OTA. I'll follow up when the wife gets her OTA update.

raven1911

Reaction score
11:45am on the west coast in southern California. I got my Droid the first week it came out and still no OTA. Will wait and see. I installed 2.0.1 thru the link on this forum so (like another posted already) not sure if I will get an OTA or have to install it manually?