How many actually got the OTA?

vtrider159

Reaction score
I received the update also, I see a speed difference and a new 'gallery' screen but nothing really groundbreaking after all the hype.

I like the longer battery life, I haven't used the phone much since the update, so maybe there are a few new thingd I have yet to find.

OMEGA5

Reaction score
Finally got mine this morning at 930. And I bought mine the week they came out in Nov.

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Got mine Saturday night at 11:35 P.M.....running smoothly.....no issues...

Laurence5905

Reaction score
When I woke up this morning, there was a message saying that the OTA was available to install. Haven't actually done it yet, but it's here finally. :icon_ banana:

LadyLailoken

Reaction score
just got mine.... apparently all is ok. checking the board for any reported problems.
at least it didn't turn into a brick like so many BBs I've seen.

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I got mine this morning around 9am. I thought I'd have to wait a while since I just bought mine Friday, but I guess they are doling them using some other criteria.

biskit_earl

Reaction score
I got it on the 1st (manually), but girlfirend, coworker, and best friend all got it in the middle of saturday night (the 3rd).

Side notes: (please don't close the thread! I stuck to the topic for the first part.)
-From everything I've read, this is a mandatory update, so I'm not sure how you can "refuse". Girlfriend tried to postpone it, and it just kept rebooting her system 'til she let it update.
-If you have allready downloaded it to the SD card, you are wasting time by waiting for them to send it. Why do you need the same .zip twice? It will just overwrite the origional..
-You skeptical guys crack me up!!! I've been reading all of the 2.1 forums, and since the update got pushed back a couple times, everyone assumed that it was never going to come out. Never? Seriously. Cheer up guys!!! It's here!

One more off topic thing: (sorry)
I manually downloaded the .zip, girlfriend got the notification and did it on screen, and my buddy got it over-the-air by calling *228. Weird....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got it on the 1st (manually), but girlfirend, coworker, and best friend all got it in the middle of saturday night (the 3rd).

Side notes: (please don't close the thread! I stuck to the topic for the first part.)
-From everything I've read, this is a mandatory update, so I'm not sure how you can "refuse". Girlfriend tried to postpone it, and it just kept rebooting her system 'til she let it update.
-If you have allready downloaded it to the SD card, you are wasting time by waiting for them to send it. Why do you need the same .zip twice? It will just overwrite the origional..
-You skeptical guys crack me up!!! I've been reading all of the 2.1 forums, and since the update got pushed back a couple times, everyone assumed that it was never going to come out. Never? Seriously. Cheer up guys!!! It's here!

One more off topic thing: (sorry)
I manually downloaded the .zip, girlfriend got the notification and did it on screen, and my buddy got it over-the-air by calling *228. Weird....

Shoot now i have to close the thread! :icon_ devil:j/k

The is a way to avoid getting the update, info is in the hacks section or hacks help.

I'm a little skeptic that *228, either options 1 or 2 would send out the update. I think there was a bit of coincidence involved with that.