1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How fast is your Droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by yhbae, Sep 21, 2010.

1. yhbae

yhbae New Member

I just tried running Quadrant benchmark app for my little bro's Droid and got 372. His Droid is a stock setup without any modifications.

Then I was very surprised to see what was on this table:

http://smartphonebenchmarks.com

Some people are overclocking their Droids beyond 100% level and obtain scores higher than Droid X!

Is it safe to go this high? How much can you push without breaking his Droid?

How many of you here are currently using Droid overclocked as daily setup?
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  2. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

I figure I could throw mine about 45mph or so, but I hear others can get even more speed.

Nah, jokes aside LOTS of us here are overclocked, and many many above 1ghz. It's very safe to do, and you won't break your droid if you do your research. I've been at 1ghz or higher since last November. =-)
  3. leprophotography

leprophotography New Member

Running UD 8 with 1.25Ghz,
  4. Paul1201

Paul1201 New Member

My Quadrant scores run about 1250.
  5. BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam New Member

is it really worth over clocking for is it noticeably faster than stock
  6. Paul1201

Paul1201 New Member

It's like a totally new phone. Everything is much snappier. Another thing I did was clear the cache of all my apps which gave me back about 40mb of internal memory.
  7. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

My droid 2 is pretty fast and I don't feel I need to root. I thought it was fast before my first upgrade but now it is unbelievable!
  8. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

But to each is own because it all depends on what's right for you. Rooting is something that you have to make sure is right for you (or your brother). Just make sure you listen to the others on the forum because they know what their doing and they will give you great advice and troubleshooting.
  9. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond New Member

Im running 1550+ on my Droid 1. I have a Project Elite Rom and a Slayher 1.2 LV kernal..and im telling you it is the best Rom i have used. I have had UD 8.0, BB v.04, saphire, Liquid, and this BEATS them all with a stick.. smooth and Fast no lag no redraw like UD 8. Simply awsome
  10. IN AWE

IN AWE New Member

912 bone stock D1.
  11. Nick177th

Nick177th New Member

Clocked 1462 running Project Elite Custom Rom with Slayer's 1.0 Ghz kernel. If you are surprised at the Benchmark you saw at the site you posted, then it's kind of obvious you're not into the root game. Read, Read, Read. Did I mention that you need to read? Don't root unless you know what you're doing. Like many people say on this board and others, it is virtually impossible to "brick" a Droid 1 unless you do physical damage to the phone.

With that being said, if you get in trouble rooting, it is paramount that you have a clue as to what you did so someone can come and rescue you.
  12. dons2346

dons2346 New Member

1275 stock Dx
  13. garrett

garrett Beta Team Theme Developer Developer

lol my scores are higher then all the ones listed for the droid.

i consistently get over 1750 on quadrant. heres just one of the many. Running succulent desire base with my theme. Check link in signature for details. P3 Droid Low V 1250mhz kernel.

[​IMG]
  14. papafobb

papafobb New Member

Yes, overclocking is a must in my book.....1628. Besides the number, your phone is noticeably faster and you will not be disappointed. This shot was pre ss4.7, but I am still running Chevy's 1.2 kernel.

[​IMG]

Had me curious about my new set up.....

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  15. harrellj

harrellj New Member

16. dietche

dietche New Member

Sounds like he has not gotten the 2.2/froyo update yet. Before you root, I'd strongly suggest figuring out what version OS he has and if it is 2.1 or lower then figure out why he has not gotten froyo pushed to his phone by his carrier yet.

He should have gotten a score closer to In Awe, at least 700-800 for sure, if he was running 2.2/froyo.

To check what version he has do this:
    Menu>Settings>{Scroll to the bottom}About Phone>Android Version.

It should say 2.2 and if it doesn't you might want to talk to his carrier first or post here and we'll take it from there.
  17. leprophotography

leprophotography New Member

Ohh hahaha, I just beat your score..... Mine is 1777 dancedroid
  18. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

I consistently get abouve 1200, and have gotten as high as the 1700's with a 1.25GHZ kernel. but i feel my phone runs better with the 1ghz kernel and i really can't tell a difference at all between 1ghz and 1.25ghz except for the quadrant scores. running OC'd every day with no problems.
  19. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Max frequency really depends on your phone. It depends on which chip you got off a wafer during the manufacturing process.

If you look up info on the ARM v7 or Arm cortext a8, you will notice that the frequencies are anywhere from 600mhz to +1000mhz.

So...find which one yours is...you can keep increasing your speed until you run into strange things. When I clocked my phone to 1100mhz...and tried a qs benchmark...my phone froze...had to pull battery. However, I get about 1409 (highest) at 1000mhz.

I dont want to push my cpu to the edge of its performance ALL the time..EVERYDAY. I only overclock to 800 mhz, and honestly the performance difference is not even noticable.

High benchmarks dont exactly mean your phone performs well.

Its probably safe to overclock that high if your phone can handle it though. Get around 1200+ overclocked to 800mhz, which is on par with dx, so...Im satisfied with that. Im not going to overclock it to the max just so things will process fractions of a millisecond faster than at 800.
  20. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

just a question. how come the incredible is never shown in the bar graphs for quadrant scores. is it just below all the ones that are there? or have benchmarks never been done?