How Reliable is quandrant???

floobmonsrake

Reaction score
Quandrant has become something of a standard for testing performance of an android phone for the android community and phone reviers. I have heard negetive things about quadrant and no one seems to really acknlowedge these things. For example is it true that quadrant gives higher scores to lower resolution android devices? That may explain why the samsung galaxy S2 gets so much higher scores than any other duel core phone (or at least may explain part of the reason). Also does quadrant really represent how the phone would run with daily tasks? The tests seem to be geared twoard things like gaming. It doesnt make sense to me how my d2 has cm7 and beats pretty much any other stock phone in quadrant (i get up to 2400 without overclock). I think it even beats the droid 3 in quadrant scores a little bit. I know cm7 is heavily optimized for performance, but still according to quadrant it makes it seem as fast as a duel core phone! I think I remeber the evo 3d getting 1800 hundred in quadrant but im not too sure about that one.

Im not trying to sound negitive or anything, I just want to understand how quadrant works and why it is trusted as a way of determining the performance of our phones

Reaction score
From what I've seen, its not "trusted". Reviewers use a collection of benchmark apps to get an aggregate score so they can get a general idea of how good the phone is.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Quadrant is good at comparing apples to apples, such as 2 D2Gs running CM7. Its not good for comparing a D2G anda D3. There's too many variables. Its a number people like to throw out. When comparing same devices its ok, but when you get into different devices it means alot less.
Oh and current dual cores are running at 1ghz. So you are running as fast as a dual core now.

end of line...

ChezJfrey

Reaction score
I actually just use it to compare different configurations against my own phone. I take a score, flash and configure something else, take another score and compare.

I figure in that way it serves as a good measuring stick whether one configuration/ROM is better than another for my particular device.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Quadrant can be manipulated too easily. You can run a 2000 on one ROM, enable stage_fright on the same ROM, and run a 2800.

OP
F

floobmonsrake

Reaction score
Quadrant is good at comparing apples to apples, such as 2 D2Gs running CM7. Its not good for comparing a D2G anda D3. There's too many variables. Its a number people like to throw out. When comparing same devices its ok, but when you get into different devices it means alot less.
Oh and current dual cores are running at 1ghz. So you are running as fast as a dual core now.

end of line...

Yeah i suppose it is good for that kind of thing. I dont understand the last thing you said though, yes both my phone and duel cores run at the same clock speed but having two cores would make the duel core phone faster, no? So i dont really think I would be running as fast as a duel core, unless im missing something?