How Do You Do A Hard Reset?

Colinjohnson94

Reaction score
How Do You Do A Hard Reset? If You Know How Please Post All The Instructions, I'm Sure I'm Not The Only One Who Could Use It.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
1. Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons down until a yellow triangle appers.

3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get to the menu.

4. Use the direction pad to the right of the keyboard to select the Format option.

johnnyvol

Reaction score
Noob question but what will a hard reset do exactly? I come from BB and soft resets were common, but hard resets sometimes meant bad things.

Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Noob question but what will a hard reset do exactly? I come from BB and soft resets were common, but hard resets sometimes meant bad things.

Thanks!

I believe it brings your phone back to factory settings.

pinesal

Reaction score
Is there a soft reset? On the G1 you could press a button combo to reset it.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I believe if you go to "Settings" then "privacy" you can do a factory reset much easier.

If you have a problem where the phone gets stuck booting, and can't get to that option the manual way will still work.

To perform a soft reset, on the keyboard press shift + alt + del, and it should reboot for you.