How many times were you forced to do a factory reset?

How many times were you forced to reset your Droid since you've had it?

• 0 (Lucky b*tch...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-4

• 5-9

• 10+

• Total voters

_atlas

Reaction score
Today has been my third time having to do a factory/hard reset to get my phone to either turn on or get something to work (once for camera not working, another b/c the stock message app kept crashing, and now b/c i switched to a back up battery). My 30 day trial period is almost up, and I'm debating on whether or not I should return the phone.

I absolutely love this phone, and I can't count how many times this phone has come in handy. I've talked to a VZW rep and they say that I am not eligible for an exchange b/c they can fix it by just doing a factory reset. But that's just the problem: factory resets. It isn't a problem with a feature on the phone, it's that I keep having to do a factory reset to get it to work.

How many times have you guys had to do a factory reset since you've had your phone? Is it worth having to go through the trouble when you do have to?

tktouch12

Reaction score
i never have had to yet (knock on wood). just a couple battery pulls after 3 weeks

Guchi

Reaction score
0. and I've had this beast since november.

Guchi

Reaction score
Today has been my third time having to do a factory/hard reset to get my phone to either turn on or get something to work (once for camera not working, another b/c the stock message app kept crashing, and now b/c i switched to a back up battery). My 30 day trial period is almost up, and I'm debating on whether or not I should return the phone.

I absolutely love this phone, and I can't count how many times this phone has come in handy. I've talked to a VZW rep and they say that I am not eligible for an exchange b/c they can fix it by just doing a factory reset. But that's just the problem: factory resets. It isn't a problem with a feature on the phone, it's that I keep having to do a factory reset to get it to work.

How many times have you guys had to do a factory reset since you've had your phone? Is it worth having to go through the trouble when you do have to?

tell them the factory reset is not fixing the phone. because it is obviously not

Brandon

Reaction score
I reset 2 times because I wanted to switch my main Gmail account to a new and far less spammed address. I screwed up my contacts the first time by not importing from my SD card first so I had to redo the reset.

So yeah I deserve the 2nd one :p

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Um...if the phone wouldnt turn on how did you do a factory reset??

0 here. Battery pulls here and there for lock ups, prob once or twice a week, but I presume that is from installed apps.

mjs31

Reaction score
1 time but that was due to switching my gmail account. Other than that....never.

Funny that you list 0 as being a Lucky B**ch, but yet it is the most common one. I would not say 0 is just lucky, but rather the norm.

Technically I should be 0 as well, but I couldn't remember my gmail account when I set up my phone. Once home, I had to do a reset in order to change the default account. Should not count.

justbob

Reaction score
0 times here as well. If you constantly have to reset your phone to bring it back to life then there's something wrong with it, presuming of course that you don't have a poorly-behaved app loaded.

Keep a log of when you had to reset the phone. Once you get enough evidence collected, go the the Verizon store and present them with it. Having hard evidence to show them you have to reset the phone X times per week will go a long way towards getting a replacement.

jaydee6385

Reaction score
Twice. First because I wanted to start fresh and didn't know what I was doing. (First smart phone)
Second, because I'm a [Edited by FoxKat for content]. So I guess that totals up to 2 times due to being [Edited by FoxKat for content].

Last edited by a moderator:

NickWgnr

Reaction score
0 here. Sounds like some of you have some bad apps or a bad DROID.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just once when some dummy (me) :rofl3: forget the lock pattern 3 hours after getting the Droid.