How do you perform a soft reset on the Droid?

merubin75

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This may sound like a silly, basic question, but I'll ask it anyway. How do you perform a soft reset on the Droid?

I've tried scouring the Internet for an answer first, and almost all are for hard resets (which restore your factory settings). This is NOT what I'm trying to do.

One eHow article said that you can do a "control alt delete" on the phone, but I haven't seen any confirmation anywhere that that's true. Besides, what is the control button on the Droid keyboard?

Any assistance would be more than welcome.

Thanks! :)

Reaction score
not sure how to really answer that as I dont know if there is a soft reset but I think the best answer is a battery pull

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
One eHow article said that you can do a "control alt delete" on the phone, but I haven't seen any confirmation anywhere that that's true. Besides, what is the control button on the Droid keyboard?
Alt-Shift-Del. Why do you need to read confirmation? Give it a shot.

mrschmitz

Reaction score
Battery pulls are NOT required to reset the phone. A reboot can be done without doing that, this is not a BlackBerry. A battery pull would ONLY be required if your phone is so locked up that you can't access the menu that comes up when you hold down the power button.

Just hold down the power button (top right) and select "power off." Then when it's off, hold the power button again for about 2 seconds until you see the Motorola logo. Let it power up.

Droidesq

Reaction score
It seems there are at least three ways to do a soft reset on the Droid:

battery pull
power off, power on
alt-shift-delete

Do all of these methods accomplish the same result? I would prefer not to have to do a battery pull because I have to take my case off to do it.

10ACTony

Reaction score
It seems there are at least three ways to do a soft reset on the Droid:

battery pull
power off, power on
alt-shift-delete

Do all of these methods accomplish the same result? I would prefer not to have to do a battery pull because I have to take my case off to do it.

A battery pull is not the best way to rest your phone. I would think that there could damage done to the file system on the sd card, it may be remote but it is a possibility. I personally would only do this as a last resort. The alt-shift-del or Power button has always worked for me.

ruinah

Reaction score
hold the power button down and hit "power off." Only if the phone is locked up would I ever pull the battery like that.