unable to do a hard reset

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by brandong, Sep 7, 2010.

1. brandong

brandong New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully someone can help me with this and i don't have to take my phone to Verizon. I have a Motorola Droid and I got a software update to 2.2. I downloaded and installed Easy Root and then SetCPU. Everything was going fine until I went to look at my pictures and my Gallery is gone. If I recieve a picture in a picture message and try to save it I get an error and I have to force close messaging. If I take a picture it shows that it saved it in the corner but no matter what I can't view it.

I've tried running a soft reset but that doesn't work. I get a little error message but my phone restarts. I've tried doing a hard reset but no luck. I've tried holding down X+Power button honestly about 50 times and all it does is show the white motorola symbol for about a minute then a black screen then the white motorola symbol again and keeps doing that. I never get the yellow triangle with the exlamation point.

*Short verson--Rooted 2.2 on droid. Unable to view pics. Unable to do a hard or soft reset.

I hope there is a way to reset it without taking it to verizon.

TIA-
    BrandonG

2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +213
    Not to lecture but easyroot is junk. You are rooted and if verizon sees that they won't help you. Head on down to the DF lab and there are a couple threads that can get you straight. If you have a pc you are going to be fine. Read the how to use RSD thread and then you can flash an sbf to get a working recovery then you can flash a new rom or go back to stock.

3. brandong

brandong New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome! Thanks jstafford1. I figured there was a way to do it using a computer but I used google and yahoo for a good 2 hours and couldn't find anything about it.

4. brandong

brandong New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    KK...I just followed all the instructions as far as I could. I installed and ran RSD Lite and downloaded the proper SBF file and saved it. RSD reconises my phone and I click on the 3 dots and select my SBF file. But I can't click start. Start still isn't highlighted. I've restarted many times thinking I didn't do something right but I keep having the same result. What am I doing wrong? I've followed instructions perfectly step by step

5. brandong

brandong New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody?! .

Search tags for this page
android unable factory reset htc incredible
can't hard reset droid x
cant re boot droid x
how can i reset my motorola drod 4phone it doesnt

unable to factory reset android

unable to factory reset moto droid x