How many times were you forced to do a factory reset?

How many times were you forced to reset your Droid since you've had it?

• 0 (Lucky b*tch...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-4

• 5-9

• 10+

• Total voters

lmapp

Reaction score
Zero, though I did have to pull the battery once right after I got the phone. I've had mine since launch.

mtbhk44

Reaction score
My battery life took a dump about a week ago. I dropped about 6 hours of use per day. I didnt really do anything or add anything but obviously something is causing this battery drain. I'm wondering if a factory reset and a slow reinstallation of apps will take care of this battery drain problem.

Any thoughts on this?

Laurence5905

Reaction score
My battery life took a dump about a week ago. I dropped about 6 hours of use per day. I didnt really do anything or add anything but obviously something is causing this battery drain. I'm wondering if a factory reset and a slow reinstallation of apps will take care of this battery drain problem.

Any thoughts on this?

Well, what have you changed in the last week? Any apps that may have been updated on the Market? Maybe you downloaded an update to an app, which made the app worse on your battery life...

I'd suggest, before doing a complete factory-reset, that you uninstall your apps and re-install them one-at-a-time 'till you figure out the culprit.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's not intended to be this way at all but from the looks of the poll itself it appeared that the OP was thinking there were going to be quite a few more people that had done factory resets. Anyone else get that?

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
None fortunately, Moto wanted me to do it because of a MMS problem I was having. Handcent finally addressed the issue.

OyVOid

Reaction score
1 factory rest only so far. My fault really. After I had already spent hours downloading my apps and gotten the wallpaper, I decided I didn't like the gmail address the sales rep made me create on the spot at the store. I couldn't figure out how to delete my current gmail account and replace with the one I wanted so I just google my problem and read factory reset the probably the best bet to start over. Besides it was only my 2nd day of having the phone. No love lost.
It's been 2 months and I've only had to pull the battery once when an app I was downloading stayed stuck for more than 5 minutes. So far so good.

moneymatt

Reaction score
hmmm

Never even came close to needing a factory reset- and i've been up and running since launch day.

plus i use my phone hard with over 50+ installed apps-

Have you installed and configured an advanced task killer program?

That's an absolute necessity on a droid.

$Matt

Zozz

Reaction score
I did it once on the first week I had my droid, I did it on accident because I was messing around with every single option on the phone. Might have to do one for real though, I've had issues with people not hearing me and me not being able to hear them unless I'm on speaker.

Reaction score
0 No battery pulls and no resets at all **Knocks on wood** This phones a beast. I named it Eli lmao. if you dony get the joke watch the movie book of eli. you will understand lol.

Skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
5 since December 20 because of the bug in 2.0 related to syncing Calendar with Google Calendar.

PITA!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One time so far. I have a Lab setting on Google Maps which shows the direction the phone is pointing. At my home it was stuck on East. I figured it was because I have a Network Extender and that messed the GPS up. I went a mile away with the same result. I have the GPS Status app, which has a compass, and it showed I was 90 degrees off. I mean, I'm pointing the phone North and it says I'm pointing East. I took it to a Verizon store and installed the app on the demos; it was showing different from them (although the demo phones didn't agree either). The tech did a reset, which seemed to fix the problem.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never even came close to needing a factory reset- and i've been up and running since launch day.

plus i use my phone hard with over 50+ installed apps-

Have you installed and configured an advanced task killer program?

That's an absolute necessity on a droid.

$Matt

i have never used a task killer. not needed, and i have a LOT of crap running too. task killers are just one more thing for your phone to do.