Home++ feels a 'tad' sluggish? Anyone else?

shamus

Reaction score
There is a Home++ setting that I haven't seen mentioned that seems to work for me. For a while at least.
Go to settings>Preferences>Performance
Basically what I've read and experienced if you toggle these settings from time to time it will drastically speed up the phone. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it yet but every time my phone starts acting up I just flip one of these settings (I usually toggle safe mode on and off) and it's all good...for a little while.
It's a ridiculous fix but it seems to work for the time being.

slammin86

Reaction score
Mine is starting to get to a point where I cannot use the phone. It is acting really buggy and force closing all the time.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
I've had the same sluggishness since the latest home++ update. From time to time the lag will get bad, however a simple reboot gets things back to normal for me.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
What do you consider a re-boot, turning it off and on or pulling the battery?

I've had the same sluggishness since the latest home++ update. From time to time the lag will get bad, however a simple reboot gets things back to normal for me.

darreno1

Reaction score
I turned off the zooming animation and it seemed to have helped. I've used it (home ++) all day yesterday and today and so far no slowdowns.

xliderider

Reaction score
Experiencing FCs coming out of unlock as well. Sometimes the unlock screen hangs pretty bad after the bar is swiped across the screen. I may go back to default home, but I really like the power bar, or whatever it's called LOL.

KingTee

Reaction score
The best thing to do is to uninstall then reinstall Home++. It should be smoooth as butter afterward. I was having the same problems untill i did this.

authority11

Reaction score
The best thing to do is to uninstall then reinstall Home++. It should be smoooth as butter afterward. I was having the same problems untill i did this.

Do you have to redo your layout if you do this?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Home++ has been going downhill for me lately. (and i LOVE this app)
Widgets are not updating for extended periods of time and then suddenly they'll sync back up (very annoying)
FC's have been rearing their ugly head more often... especially coming out of lock.
I'll have the phone in portrait, go to unlock, and it'll switch to landscape after some heavy lag occasionally.
I'm waiting on 2.1 with it's 5 screens. Home++ is my favorite home replacement but it may be time to give it a rest, for me at least.
Developer hasn't responded as he had in the past to several e-mails.
I'm still keeping Home++ for now, as it's auto-hide taskbar and power strip are huge benefits for me.

btw... Will uninstalling and reinstalling Home++ require a total rework of the home screens?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe i did something wrong, but when i uninstalled Home++, and then reinstalled, i lost my home screens setup

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
maybe i did something wrong, but when i uninstalled Home++, and then reinstalled, i lost my home screens setup
I would assume that's normal... since you're uninstalling the app, all associations made with that app would be cleared and reset to defaults when you re-install.

KingTee

Reaction score

+1 on this question. I'm very interested

Yes cause when you uninstall the app it takes away the layout. I know that sucks but it will eliminate the sluggishness.

Tight686

Reaction score
Has anyone tried turning off Safe Mode? I noticed (or maybe it's merely in my imagination) that turning Safe Mode off seems to speed things up. It's worth a shot