Back to Stock Home Screen - anyone else?

zerodamage

Reaction score
I wish there were an app or widget or something to hide the status bar when it is not being used. That is the one feature of Home++ that I miss since uninstalling it. Home++ seemed to be lagging my Droid a lot. It is a lot snappier now. I now have to find a simple yet unobtrusive task manager that is not ATK Free.

authority11

Reaction score
There was just a recent update to home++ today. Before this update I was having no problems, but after updating the screen transitions are a lot laggier :( Anyone else notice this?

zerodamage

Reaction score
There was just a recent update to home++ today. Before this update I was having no problems, but after updating the screen transitions are a lot laggier :( Anyone else notice this?

Let's hope he pushes out another update soon to fix that. In reality, he should be focusing more on performance right now then work on features. Performance is a big issue with the Home alternatives right now.

mstarbear

Reaction score
I was using GDE. It FC'd occasionally until the last update. Then it got unbearable. I had to uninstall. I loved the cube and the phone button. I will miss them, but with More Icons Widget I can get away with 3 screens until update. I experimented with the 2.1 launcher. I liked it, but FC'd all the time. I REALLY like the call button on the bottom. I'm dabbling with other apps now. With stock home screen my Droid is screaming fast.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm using the 2.1 Home right now, been using it since Sunday afternoon, and other than an occasional FC, I'm having no lag issues and works really well. Once in a while it will just decide to lag, but for some reason after a few minutes it works itself out and is fine again. I'm waiting for the official 2.1 to release. I can tell you from what I've seen from the 2.1 hack, that GDE, Panda and Home++ will be hard pressed to have something better.

loonie01

Reaction score
2.1 home screen

I was using home++ for awhile. just decided to go to the 2.1 home screen. it looks good and no lag and it has more than 3 screens. Niiiiiiiice!!!

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
I'm a GDE lover and don't see that changing any time soon. I had issues with FCs and then I uninstalled all of the other home replacement apps that I'd tried and it's all love now. Every now and then, it will hang for five or ten seconds when switching back to home but I've learned how to make myself useful while I'm waiting ALL of that time -- looking to my left and then to my right, blinking on occasion and inhaling OR exhaling (never both at the same time). When 2.1 is official, I hope GDE can come with me!

Million

Reaction score
Home++ user here for a loong time... don't know what I was doing without it!

thesandman51

Reaction score
I used home++ for a couple days, then went right back to the stock home. Home++ was a bit laggy, and it wasn't really much better anyway.

I barely use 2 screens as it is, I don't really need anymore.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I tried Home++ for about a day and uninstalled.

I just DL'ed Panda, but will be removing once I finish this post.

I only use one home screen anyway, so I was just looking for some cool alternative to stock. Oh well, stock seems best for me.

-Mike

andysly5

Reaction score
Been back to stock for a few days now and things are running beautifully. Everything is nice and fast I, with the exception of the voice recorder app, no FC's. Uninstalled voice recorder and the Droid is running like a champ.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if any who gave up on Home++ and went to the stock screen have tried Home++ one last time to see if there's been any improvements, and if so was it the same problems or better experience?