Back to Stock Home Screen - anyone else?

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I tried the home++, but went back to stock home screen after one day. But that is mostly on me. I just got comfortable using the stock screen and with the home++ I kept getting confused with the differences.

The Droid on it's own is such an upgrade from my previous Tracfone that it has all the bells and whistles that I could ever need, then you add a few apps and it's everything I could ever want.

MrTommy

Reaction score
The Droid on it's own is such an upgrade from my previous Tracfone that it has all the bells and whistles that I could ever need, then you add a few apps and it's everything I could ever want.

There it is! I've only had four phones in my life! A bag phone, an LG510, an LG enV2, and now the Droid. I use the camera all the time for both pix and vids. I've tested the GPS function (and it's good sometimes, and bad sometimes), use the notepad I downloaded, the flip clock all the time, and oh yes, I make calls too...

I just don't see a lot of other stuff I can use. As another forum member mentioned somewhere, we all get the phone to do all the stuff we need, and we love it. That pretty much says it all for me. :)

cb3FSU

Reaction score
Home++ has been terribly buggy for me the last few days with many force closes. Unfortunately, I have become very used to being able to turn my Droid to landscape mode and using it that way, especially in the car where Im using a Universal mount. The original home screen just isnt cutting it for me at this point.

Hopfully when the new update comes out it will have some of these features built in. I also love the scrolling toolbar at the bottom that eliminates the need for icons like phone, contacts, browser etc so I can put real programs on my screens.

I could live with only 3 screens, but landscape mode and the toolbar have won my fancy and I prefer to have them.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I never even bothered. I read and read and read about all of the addons. The negatives outweighed the positives for me. I perfectly manage everything I want in 3 screens very neatly. 5 screens in 2.1 will really just be extra. IMO slap a high def wallpaper on your phone, clean the icons up with folder organization, and keep it simple.

Yeah, same here. The stock home screens do well enough for me. It organizes everything I do quite neatly.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I'm personally using GDE for the cube i lessen my screens to 4 I really don't need more than 3 but I figured ill add one more lol I had a couple force closes but random and its not like on winmo where u have to reboot the phone or take the battery out or something. Its livable for the cube lol

Over the weekend I took my family to a Arnold's Family Fun Center, and I took alot of pics and vids on my phone and everytime GDE kept crashing on me. I didnt know if it was like a mem problem I usually have liek 43 mb left and I figure if it closes out stuff thats not being used maybe Android closes GDE because the camera needs more mem and technically its not being used. Well anywho I'm thinking of going back to stock but I'm not sure. I also have a problem from time to time with my widgets not loading and I don't like that the system tray (?) won't refresh when I install stuff then I end up installing something and forget Its there lol

rayz007

Reaction score
I use GDE with 7 screens and haven't had a FC in over a month. I dont use the cube transition. I use the fade one. Since I found the More Icons app, it has really cleared up some room for me. In case you didnt know, it allows you to put up to 64 icons on a single screen. I think once 2.1 comes, ill go back to stock and and with this app and 5 screens, should be more than enough.

rayz007

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Other than the cube and the call button at the bottom left there isnt much else I use GDE for that I can't get out of the stock Home screen hence the reason why I might go back unless im not doing it right? lol

novacane

Reaction score
After 4 days of GDE I've uninstalled it.

I was running it with the obsidian skin/4 screens/fade.

My screens had: Google News Widget, Pure Calender (4x3), Conversation (4x3) widget, youtube widget, music widget and a total of 12 icons on all the pages.

It crashed when i would unlock the phone, when I would finish a phone call, when I slid my keyboard out on the homescreen AND when I slid my keyboard back in. I cut it down to 3 screens with the same results.

For now I'm back stock and I can't wait for 2.1

Reaction score
I tried launcher++ and found with 7 screens I had FC all the time. Then I went to 5 and I deleted EVERYTHING off the stock and now I'm not having any issues.

Is 2.1 officially released to the droid end of this month or was that a guess?

marsha12151

Reaction score
Had 2.0.1 with dxTop.
Rooted into 2.1
Loved 2.1 but no dxTop
Tried to love regular home, home ++, etc
Went back to 2.0.1
Back to dxTop
Very happy.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
After 4 days of GDE I've uninstalled it.

I was running it with the obsidian skin/4 screens/fade.

My screens had: Google News Widget, Pure Calender (4x3), Conversation (4x3) widget, youtube widget, music widget and a total of 12 icons on all the pages.

It crashed when i would unlock the phone, when I would finish a phone call, when I slid my keyboard out on the homescreen AND when I slid my keyboard back in. I cut it down to 3 screens with the same results.

For now I'm back stock and I can't wait for 2.1

Yea I had Cube Tons of widgets even with just like 2 or 3 widgets and icons and had crashes all the time same as you! I uninstalled and going back stock. If you read above I only used GDE for the CUBE effect and if its gonna FC on me so much not really worth it.

rawburt

Reaction score
Been running Home++ for about a month. The only thing I really got out of it was the more screens. I just uninstalled it after reading this thread and love how much faster my phone is. Im also going to buy the more widget app for the time being. Also eagerly awaiting 2.1

FoFa

Reaction score
Tried Ultimate Favs, but didn't work for me (worked on the Droid alright). Kind of kewl to show others, but I just use the regular desktop. Put my most frequently used ICONS there, the rest I can to from the pull out.

korp

Reaction score
2.1 is coming within a couple days .... wahoo 5 stock screens!!

hughesjr

Reaction score
I was a home++ user for a long time ... but when the 2.1 launcher became installable on 2.0.1, I switched to that. I like the 2.1 launcher and have had no issues with it.