Home++ feels a 'tad' sluggish? Anyone else?

FlipBack

Reaction score
Add me to the lagging and a lot of force closes group.

FYI.... try removing all widgets from your stock home.... as it still runs in the background while using Home++. I found this was a good way to 'speed' up Home++. I left my stock home with just the basic icons and deleted everything else off the home screen.
Good suggestion. How do I get to the stock home after I have set Home++ to default?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.:)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah for the first time(running home++) my droid was running like my old winmo phone. I uninstalled home++ and it was right back to being fast!. Its weird cause it was running fine in the beginning.
Just curious, do you really need to uninstall Home++ or just change the default to Home?
You could just change it back to the default home. I like launcher+ which I believe is made by the same people as home++. Its basically like a plain screen replacement that just adds extra screens .. up to 7 and doesn't lag.
Well, I decided today to delete Home++ and Launcher+ - they are both a shell around the stock Home, so even though Launcher says it's Home w/o the bells and whistles, the fact it still is available, same with Home++ I just decided to delete them both and wait for the big update in January. If I read in the next couple of weeks that Home++ finally figured everything out, then I'll just reinstall it again. I've become quite the expert setting up Home screens the past few weeks anyway :) And, I have noticed the stock Home is much faster than what I got used to the past couple of weeks.

datguybk

Reaction score
I just uninstalled Home++, i had to force stop it about 4 times today in 3 hours and a few times it was just unresponsive to swiping

acturbo

Reaction score
I just uninstalled Home++, i had to force stop it about 4 times today in 3 hours and a few times it was just unresponsive to swiping

I have been using Home++ for a couple of weeks and got tired of the hangups as well. I also tried Panda with about the same success as Home++. I am now using stock Home until they get all the bugs worked out.

hughesjr

Reaction score
I am not having any issues with home++ ... I do usually power off my phone once or twice a day recently as I have been playing with boot animations.

gotfondue

Reaction score
Can you guys explain what home++ is I have read this convo and never found it haha. Sorry if it's a stupid question. I am just tired of this phone laggin.

mpenda

Reaction score
Home++ is a home screen replacement. It offers a toolbar at the bottom of the screen and more then the default 3 (or 4, depending on how you look at it) screens.
Here's their home page:
Introducing Home++ (Home++ by Intuitit)
its a nice package, but the last update obviously has introduced some issues. They update it often, so I'm sure it will be worked out.
Happy New Year.

lippstuh

Reaction score
i liked home++ but because it slowed my droid down i just deleted it. wasn't worth the "cool" features/appearance IMO.

i'll just wait for 2.1 to come out officially and get 5-6 home screens.

jcardona1

Reaction score
hopefully its gets fixed quick cause im having a lot of the same issues. im gonna tough it out because i really like this app. lets see what happens

chops

Reaction score
remember 2.1 is not definetley set for the moto droid, more then likely we will get it cause i think there will be alot of mad owners if we dont get it. but there is nothing set in stone we are getting 2.1

tony1208

Reaction score
home++ runs perfect on my droid,never crashes or lags at all....I been using it for over a month now.

muenk

Reaction score
Mine was sluggish here as well. I just switched back to default home and it sped up 10X... No lag when unlocking phone, and no lag when going to home screen from any application. Hopefully they fix whatever is causing the lag

mpenda

Reaction score
I hadn't really tied it to the newest Home++, but that was it. No more slow responses for screen changes. I just went back to using the default home for now, I kept it installed so that its easier to see when its updated.