Home++ feels a 'tad' sluggish? Anyone else?

mynameiserich

Reaction score
One thing I just read was that a lot of Widgets are not built to run on numerous home screens so if you have the same app on your default home and others it can cause issues. I ditched home++ because of all the FC as well though and just use GDE. It works perfect and cube transition animation is amazing.

tu3218

Reaction score
One thing I just read was that a lot of Widgets are not built to run on numerous home screens so if you have the same app on your default home and others it can cause issues. I ditched home++ because of all the FC as well though and just use GDE. It works perfect and cube transition animation is amazing.

I would love to use GDE but doesn't it cost? Is there a lite version?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I was having the same lagging lock screen and FC issues. I un-installed a few apps that I never used and I think I may have updated the Home++ software yesterday or the day before and everything has been much better since then. I just updated Home++ again about 2 minutes ago and it's still running really nice.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
I was having the same lagging lock screen and FC issues. I un-installed a few apps that I never used and I think I may have updated the Home++ software yesterday or the day before and everything has been much better since then. I just updated Home++ again about 2 minutes ago and it's still running really nice.

I didn't get a Home++ update today

Werd

Reaction score
Yea I made the mistake of trying "Open Home" confusing it for Home++, Open home was a ton more sluggish than Home++ and has run fine for me thus far, but I have gotten a FC already.

radioz

Reaction score
I had a couple of FC's on unlock, and if I press the 'wait' button, everything seems to operate normally. I don't need to reboot. Has anyone else tried this? Could it just be a glitch that occurs during unlock that confuses it?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's approximately $3 US$, which isn't bad, and you can try it for 24 hours and get a refund if it doesn't work good enough for you. There is no lite version of GDE.

tu3218

Reaction score

It's approximately $3 US$, which isn't bad, and you can try it for 24 hours and get a refund if it doesn't work good enough for you. There is no lite version of GDE.

yeah actually thats not bad, does it offer anything extra? Or is just strictly different looking home screens?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

yeah actually thats not bad, does it offer anything extra? Or is just strictly different looking home screens?
Check out this thread, and there's a video about it. I had GDE but found between Panda, Home++ and GDE, only Panda was slower and more FCs.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/6788-gde-running-my-droid-youtube-vid.html

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go read the reviews in the Market. They are pretty uniformly bad.

slammin86

Reaction score
Everyone still having these issues? Any idea if there is another update coming?

imiller913

Reaction score
I uninstalled mine and man I forgot how fast the droid is..... wow!

Droid_Junky

Reaction score

I have seen the same issues. I also found that the developer warms that having multiple widgets on your other home apps will cause poor performance because the widgets are still being updated. I unfortunately had bought OpenHome a while back. So I had widgets in OpenHome as well as the Android default. I removed them all from the default and uninstalled OpenHome.

In Home++ I have persistent home and Safe Mode checked. Since doing this two days ago I have not seen any force closes or lag. Very happy with Home++. That is until the 2.1 update! Then it will have to go!