help!

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I just bought a used DROID 3 from swappa for my gf and I am having trouble activating it. I went to the Verizon store and they told me to activate a used phone on her data plan I would have to switch to one of the new data plans. is there a way to activate it and keep her unlimited data?

pistacio

Reaction score
If she is already using an old smartphone and has a data plan, dial *228 from the DROID 3, and press 1. Just follow the instructions during the call. It will ask for the phone number you are trying to activate.

You may need the primary accountholder's pin number also

Last edited:
OP
droidxd00d

droidxd00d

Reaction score
it says the number I am trying to activate doesn't match the number associated with this device? I got it off swappa and the device was clean it was a Verizon replacement device that wasn't used much.

spasch

Reaction score
Now this may be a stupid question but, you did a factory reset and put her information into it right? I have never had a problem moving phones around. Verizon would have told you if the esn was bad.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

pistacio

Reaction score
You could call *611 or go online and switch. You need the meid # (A00000xxxxx) under the battery.

I think the verizon store you went to was just trying to sell you on the new plans, which you don't need if your just switching a smartphone to another smartphone.

OP
droidxd00d

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I ended up getting it activated online! thanks for all the help!

pistacio

Reaction score
No problem!

I only know about your situation because a friend tried activating my old DROID 1 while his phone was sent in for warranty, and he had the same problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
While you were able to get a solution... please remember that we don't allow duplicate threads :) glad you got it figured out though..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!