How Long do I have to Activate

Packer487

Reaction score
Hi all,

My fiancee and I just switched over from AT&T and got ourselves a family plan. She went with the Droid X and I got the Incredible. The Incredible arrived on Monday or Tuesday, but it's going to be another week or week and a half before her X arrives.

I was going to wait to activate my phone until we got a little bit closer to the time when hers would arrive so that we're not wasting money, but I was wondering if there's a time period in which I have to activate my phone after I get it.

Also, if I went ahead and activated mine, would the cost of her data plan start being billed as well? If her data plan wouldn't get billed until she activates hers, I might just go ahead and do it. I'm pretty anxious to start playing with my Droid!

Thanks in advance...glad to be a member of the forum!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Packer! This is what i found on the faqs page at verizonwireless:

What should I expect on my first bill? When you activate a new line of service, we will bill for a partial month or portion of the monthly access charge calculated from the date you began service to the last day of your bill cycle, plus the next month's access charge if we bill you in advance. As an added benefit from Verizon Wireless you will be given the full month of airtime allowance for your calling plan during the partial month.

If this doesn't answer your question, I'd call Verizon directly and ask.

I can't believe you haven't activated your droid! The suspense would kill me!