HelixLauncher /HelixLauncher 2

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
The icon was re-centered due to DL user poll, I didnt care either way.

Went from 1.2 to 2 now, and I find it better than the beta 2.0.2, you can now toggle the glass shelf as well.

Uninstall your current one, or switch to something else before install.

LT*

Reaction score
The Launcher 2 in the Market now works on the stock non-rooted droid. Have fun!

I don't know man, I've been trying to get 2 to work all morning, and all I get is FC after FC. Tried uninstall/reinstall with no luck. Do I need to totally uninstall Launcher 1 to get this to work?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I agree that the new 7 version on the Market works great so far on a stock 2.1 Droid.

If they would just fix this small issue in Landscape mode I would be 100% happy!

Screen Cap of HelixLauncher2.

Note the incorrect placement of the "Home" icon on the far middle right..

When you tap it it opens the apps "behind" it.. if you tap the "empty" area just to the right where it should be, it closes the app drawer as it should.

6456d1271367792-helix-launcher-now-available-android-market-helix2-land-3dapp.png

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought 2 was for Nexus? Anyway, mine used to go back to home. The config page on 1 mentions noting about configuring the default

Launcher 2 from the Market is for the Nexus. Launcher 2 from the donate page is for the Droid.

On mine (Launcher 2 for Droid) the screen you return to with home (aka the Default Page) is the option below the Screen Size (aka number of screens).

Cool! What are some of the differences between 1 and 2/Donate? Link please?

Follow the link from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...13-video-new-helixlauncher-2-coming-soon.html

The difference on Launcher 1 was that you could reduce the number of screens without removing anything prior. I don't know but the free version of Launcher 2 is vs the donated version, but name of the APK is different.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The icon was re-centered due to DL user poll, I didnt care either way.

Went from 1.2 to 2 now, and I find it better than the beta 2.0.2, you can now toggle the glass shelf as well.

Uninstall your current one, or switch to something else before install.

I kinda got used to the App drawer being in the far right. In fact it startled me when I first saw it like that. Thought I was still on Launcher 1.

I agree. In fact, get Home Switcher and set another home as default. Then launch (not default) Launcher 2. If it doesn't work, hitting the home button will save you.

86mcss

Reaction score
I have been using helixlauncher 2 for a couple days now and it works pretty good other than the problem when switching into landscape mode that was mentioned before.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I have been using helixlauncher 2 for a couple days now and it works pretty good other than the problem when switching into landscape mode that was mentioned before.

Its kind of slow for me

LT*

Reaction score
I figured out that if I had the small Battery Left widget up, I would get tons of force closes. Once I removed the small one and replaced it with the large one, I have had no FCs. It is slow at times, but mostly it's pretty quick for me.

theone254

Reaction score
email force close

I downloaded the helix2 app and everything on it works fine except everytime I opened my email it stops unexpectedly and please try again I thought it was the app so I uninstalled it and just used my factory setting but still getting same error can someone please help fix thanks.

Geofferson

Reaction score
Overall I'm happy with it -- been using it since I got the 2.1 update. More seamless than H++ (which I was using prior).

stevehy

Reaction score
Would love to use this on a daily basis but, both versions 1 or 2, including the donate betas have some of the worst memory management of any Android app that I have used. Ultimately it brings the os to its knees at random times. Shame.

ghdesign

Reaction score
I just saw the memo that Helix2 was available for Droid now.... (yes, it used to be only for Nexus but it recently became compatible with the Droid...) and so a couple days ago I d/l'd and installed Helix2 to replace HelixLauncher.

So far so good! I am really liking this a lot better than Helix1. As 928Droid pointed out, I too notice that issue with the landscape view, but I'm sure that's a big that will eventually get worked out.

What I love about helix2 is that it doesn't lag or go slow when double tapping and choosing to shift over several pages. I have mine set to 7 screens and with helix1, if I ever wanted to go from screen 1 to screen 7, it would chug along and take a few seconds. Now with helix2, it zooms over with no lag!

I also dig the 3D dock added to the bottom. A very nice addition to make it just a tad nicer than helix1.

My only wish for the "dock" though would be if I could add my gmail widget to it. Not the normal email app - I use "gmail unread count" app for my e-mail. Although it's not a huge deal for me, I wish I could make that one of my primary "dock" apps that is accessible from any page. But since it has to be added as a widget and can't be moved to that "dock", I just keep it on the middle home screen. Would be awesome to be able to move it down there though. :)

Otherwise, the only other difference I noticed was the 3D app drawer, which is smooth and fast. I like it a lot better than the original.

REMilk

Reaction score
I install Helix2 on my Droid about an hour ago. Seems to be much slower that Helix when loading up the screens with widgets and apps.

I will use it for a few days to see if it is slow to use; if so, i will go back to Helix.

I like the 3-D app drawer.

Bob

mikespe

Reaction score
I have been using Helix 1 for some time now and love it. I can't even tell it's a separate program it runs so smoothly. If I were to switch to Helix 2 for Droid 2.1 I am assuming I will have to reset everything up correct? Also do I need to uninstall Helix 1 first or just uncheck it's default status? (In the application settings correct?

Thanks