Have an Issue, Stock Phone, None Rooted (not hacked) Help Is Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizim

Reaction score
im trying to hand down my droid x to my wife. i did a master reset on it and everytime we try to do the activation call the screen goes black. the phone is working because it makes the call (you can hear it) but there is no screen. remove battery and try again...same result.
master reset the phone again...same result.

figured out that it will go black only during the phone call. i made the activation call. the screen went black. as soon as the call disconnected the screen popped back on.
of course the phone was not activated in this call beacuse you need the screen to follow the prompts.

any input is GREATLY appreciated.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's a pretty standard feature that a majority of android phones have these days. The screen shuts off when the sensor makes it think it's by your face. As long as there isn't a problem with the sensor, the screen should come back on when you bring it away from your face. If not, try pressing the button at the top that you usually use to turn the screen on.

Sent from my Bionic

wizim

Reaction score
hahaha I wish it were that easy . it's my old phone I been using it for years. screen goes black is soon as you hit talk in does not come back on until a call is over no matter where the phone is. it doesn't matter what buttons to touch the screen does not come back on .

wizim

Reaction score
Never had the issue before. I did just have the home button replaced so they had it apart. Is back at the shop. Hopefully they did something

pvansch1

Reaction score
DROID X screen Skued

My wife has a DROID X and every once in awhile the screen skues and gets stuck. The only way out is to pop out the battery. She took it to Verizon and they shipped her a repalcement that looked like it been through hell and back. She wants to keep her current phone.
Is this a hardware issue or a maybe a software issue? The phone has the latest software update from DROID

Thank, Pete

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My wife has a DROID X and every once in awhile the screen skues and gets stuck. The only way out is to pop out the battery. She took it to Verizon and they shipped her a repalcement that looked like it been through hell and back. She wants to keep her current phone.
Is this a hardware issue or a maybe a software issue? The phone has the latest software update from DROID

Thank, Pete

Sounds like a hardware issue. If it were a software problem, Verizon would've flashed the phone in the store & it would be fixed.

Sent from my Bionic

con.ep

Reaction score
I have a droid X, I noticed thin black lines running horizontally across the entire screen in 3 different places around a week ago. I charged it overnight and only one line was left and it didn't stretch across the entire screen. Since then the lines reappear throughout the day and shrink while being charged. I switched to a backup phone for a few days while the Droid X was left alone, unplugged and without a battery. I turned it on and the lines were completely gone, and now they're back again. I've looked around but haven't seen anyone else with this problem, though I could just not be looking hard enough

EDIT: I don't know if this is related to this issue, but before this started happening, when I'd put the battery in all the way it'd make a mark on the screen.

Last edited:

crystalskull

Reaction score
Good afternoon! I have a Droid X stock not rooted and I've noticed over the last couple days that it's heating up (more than the June update created) and that the battery is draining faster (3 hrs. max) and that the arrows under the 3G are constantly on which I take means that it's continually transferring data. I stopped by the local Verizon store earlier but that was like talking to a stump. They didn't have one in stock and suggested that I call *611. Unbelievable. But I'm not seeing where anyone else is suddenly having this problem so I get it must be just my phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good afternoon! I have a Droid X stock not rooted and I've noticed over the last couple days that it's heating up (more than the June update created) and that the battery is draining faster (3 hrs. max) and that the arrows under the 3G are constantly on which I take means that it's continually transferring data. I stopped by the local Verizon store earlier but that was like talking to a stump. They didn't have one in stock and suggested that I call *611. Unbelievable. But I'm not seeing where anyone else is suddenly having this problem so I get it must be just my phone.

Since it appears your phone is constantly using data, I would suggest checking battery use in your settings. As well, you can try checking your applications in settings. If you see something using a large percentage of battery or processor, that app might be the culprit.

Sent from my Bionic

Felixbeme

Reaction score
I searched the market for a long time to find a video player that would play wmv video formats in emails. I used yxplayer and it worked great for a while. For the past couple of months I have not been able to play wmv formats or any other video format. When I try to carry download them it starts the download and then quits. A small blue box appears eunuch simply says "unknown error". I believe this started after I updated my phone to 2.3. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I searched the market for a long time to find a video player that would play wmv video formats in emails. I used yxplayer and it worked great for a while. For the past couple of months I have not been able to play wmv formats or any other video format. When I try to carry download them it starts the download and then quits. A small blue box appears eunuch simply says "unknown error". I believe this started after I updated my phone to 2.3. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

If the app worked previously, I would contact the developer and see what they think.

Sent from my Bionic

H

HMTiBrendan

I NEED HELP!!! im a noob, i think i posted this on the wrong section...

I rooted my phone then unrooted it then i rebooted my phone and it wont boot past the boot animation which is ANdroid
stock... I wanted to know how to install a new rom on my phone so it doesnt go to waste... but i unrooted and it goes to
this android with a caution sign next to it... please tell me what to do!!!! :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: I will have to switch back to my crappy LG Cosmos 1. :(

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I NEED HELP!!! im a noob, i think i posted this on the wrong section...

I rooted my phone then unrooted it then i rebooted my phone and it wont boot past the boot animation which is ANdroid
stock... I wanted to know how to install a new rom on my phone so it doesnt go to waste... but i unrooted and it goes to
this android with a caution sign next to it... please tell me what to do!!!! :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: I will have to switch back to my crappy LG Cosmos 1. :(

What phone? Try entering recovery when you boot & clear data and cache.

Sent from my Bionic

JorGhotspur

Reaction score
hi! im new on this and i have A BIG PROBLEM i want some help please...

okey... i tried to put a new rom to my droid x and everything goins fine but by accident y put a xperia 10 rom on my droid x and my cellphone got freeze on the M logo, i can go to recovery mode but all the roms i tried to install it say: installation aborted... ALL ROMS and i don't know what to do :sad::sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.