Welcome to the DroidForums Rescue Squad Section

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
This section is dedicated to Members helping Members with their hacking problems.

Please Post your requests for hacking help in this section.

Our DF Rescue Squad Members will do their best to help as they can.

We have a very talented membership here @ DroidForums.
This Section was created at their request !!!
So that they were able to help the Droid Community :icon_ devil:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Rescue Squad's purpose.

This new section was put in place to help consolidate the mass amount of information available on this site. The main goal is to offer assistance to those in need. We will have walkthroughs, how-to's and other info as we find it. We also are promoting hands on help. If you have a problem you can post here and someone can help you get through the issue. We are a small group now and are dedicated to resolving whatever issues may arise. We do try to be quick and courteous with our help and will work until we solve the problem.

We are here for you, the members.

appdaddy

Reaction score
OK I got myself outta droidmod. Yay me... but my nandroid back up has me in root... how can I get back to bone dry stock? Would a factory reset do the trick? Root isn't a rom, so I would assume a hard reset would work...or would I have to flash the stock rom in rom manager? Thanks in advance.

appdaddy

Reaction score
Thanks for that awesome link to that breakdown of unrooting! Saved that page! I just followed the steps I used for getting out of droidmod, using rom manager. Just to be ABSOLUTELY clear, you can't be rooted if you don't have the ninja right? Cause I don't anymore but I just wanna make sure, also I think I did the return to stock with the update.stock.zip file instead of updated.zip. is that possible? Just wanting to make sure I'm really stock is all. Thanks in advance again guys.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Thanks for that awesome link to that breakdown of unrooting! Saved that page! I just followed the steps I used for getting out of droidmod, using rom manager. Just to be ABSOLUTELY clear, you can't be rooted if you don't have the ninja right? Cause I don't anymore but I just wanna make sure, also I think I did the return to stock with the update.stock.zip file instead of updated.zip. is that possible? Just wanting to make sure I'm really stock is all. Thanks in advance again guys.

No ninja no root. To double check open terminal emulator and type su and hit enter. If denied you are stock.

appdaddy

Reaction score
Where can I fund that? Looked all over my Droid, no go. Might have overlooked it though. ..

visorboy

Reaction score
need help

i tried forcing the 2.1 update and it seemed to go off without a hitch. however, when i rebooted, my droid just keeps cycling between the "droid" screen and the red eye continuously. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

**sorry, i should've started a new thread.

artc33

Reaction score
i do have the ninja, i guess i'm rooted. did the update manually and it's working fine.

anyway, i am trying to install a new rom to my droid, maybe one of those blackdroid ones, is there a thread or someone to helpme step by step on this? thanks in advance.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

jackson93

Reaction score
dm updater error

it cant connect to the website and downloads how do i root now or is this most likely just a temporary thing where the sites down or somthing

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you running the current 2.1 from vzw ota update

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
install the 2.1 with sprecovery