Have an Issue, Stock Phone, None Rooted (not hacked) Help Is Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trshb

Reaction score
switched from forwarding to POP per your suggestion. same result though on the droid. i cannot choose which gmail account that i want to reply from even though i can do this on the desktop version of gmail... i'm thinking that it's impossible with 2 gmails on the dx.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You're using the Gmail app and not the Email app, right? I have gmail on the computer setup to get my aol mail and when I get an email on my phone that you've commented on this thread, when I click reply, I can select either my gmail account or my aol account from that list.

Maybe it doesn't work that way with 2 gmail accounts, but I would think it should. Did you have to verify that you had access to the second account, or just put in your password and username? Been so long since I setup gmail for pop...

Sent from my DROIDX

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets say your Gmail accounts are named Gmail1 & Gmail2. You have 2 forwarding to 1. When a Gmail from 2 forwards to your phones Gmail 1 there should be a label called Gmail 2 at the top of the Gmail.
When you set up forwarding on your desktop an option which account replies are labeled. Make sure that on your desktop you have it so when you reply to Gmail2s from Gmail1 it Gmail2 is the reply address. If so when you reply from your phone to Gmail2 that forwarded to Gmail1 it SHOULD use Gmail2 as the reply address.
I've got 2 Gmail accounts (I don't use the one my phone is linked to for anything but phone stuff) and a Verizon. My Verizon forwards to one of my Gmail accounts and when I reply, on the phone, to a Verizon mail from Gmail it uses the Verizon address. When I set up my second Gmail I initially had the first Gmail forward to it as well, using my phones Gmail as the reply address. I did away with that because I was getting duplicates of everything and it got annoying.
Oh yeah, they said on the site give it up to a day for the settings to take effect.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

trshb

Reaction score
yup, i have that set on the gmail desktop, but it doesn't work on the phone. it's only using gmail 1's address. does not give me the option to switch. on desktop, it's automatically does like your example, but doesn't do it on droid x.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weird. Sorry it isn't working.

Support Our Troops!!

trshb

Reaction score
okay, after much research, i have fixed it! apparently, google only allowed this capability on the gmail app in december. i bought my droid x 2 weeks ago, but just checked the version of my gmail and found out that i need to install the update. works as it should now. i just wish i had received some notice about gmail having an update to install like i do with my other apps.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have found the update notification to be flaky at best. The only time I ever get one is when I install a new app .
I check "my apps" every few days and just scroll down the list.
Glad it's working right now.
Edit ;Just for kicks I just went and checked and ,sure enough,4 apps had updates. I have notification set to on fwiw.
Support Our Troops!!

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
I was rooted but I unrooted recently and am looking to get my DX back to factory, out of the box settings. Suggestions?

ddhockey

Reaction score
I will start out with a apology in advance if this is not the proper thread.

have a non-rooted droid x - updated with current update over the past couple weeks - running version 4.5.605 now - and i can't move any of my app icons to any of my home screens - you can delete the ones that are there - but you can't get them back onto the home screen once you do. case in point - my camera icon - in trying to figure this out i "trashed" the icon - the app is in my folder but when i click and hold "add to home" it doesn't add it - i don't believe my home screen is locked.. but ... ?? any advice is welcome and thank you!

i did look around prior to posting here - sorry once more if this is not in the right spot

d

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I will start out with a apology in advance if this is not the proper thread.

have a non-rooted droid x - updated with current update over the past couple weeks - running version 4.5.605 now - and i can't move any of my app icons to any of my home screens - you can delete the ones that are there - but you can't get them back onto the home screen once you do. case in point - my camera icon - in trying to figure this out i "trashed" the icon - the app is in my folder but when i click and hold "add to home" it doesn't add it - i don't believe my home screen is locked.. but ... ?? any advice is welcome and thank you!

i did look around prior to posting here - sorry once more if this is not in the right spot

d

I'm assuming you have empty space available on your homescreen? Does a message pop up at all, or you click to add the icon to home and nothing happens at all?

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Sent from my Bionic

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I will start out with a apology in advance if this is not the proper thread.have a non-rooted droid x - updated with current update over the past couple weeks - running version 4.5.605 now - and i can't move any of my app icons to any of my home screens - you can delete the ones that are there - but you can't get them back onto the home screen once you do. case in point - my camera icon - in trying to figure this out i "trashed" the icon - the app is in my folder but when i click and hold "add to home" it doesn't add it - i don't believe my home screen is locked.. but ... ?? any advice is welcome and thank you!i did look around prior to posting here - sorry once more if this is not in the right spotd
Never use stock launcher. ADW, free from market, requires reasonable privileges, has no lag, and more features. Don't look back.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Never use stock launcher. ADW, free from market, requires reasonable privileges, has no lag, and more features. Don't look back.

Honestly, that's a very huge matter of opinion. I ran my x and my bionic with stock launchers for quite some time and enjoyed it. I AM using ADW ex now, but mostly because I had already paid for it and figured I might as well use it.

Sent from my Bionic

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Honestly, that's a very huge matter of opinion. I ran my x and my bionic with stock launchers for quite some time and enjoyed it. I AM using ADW ex now, but mostly because I had already paid for it and figured I might as well use it.

Opinion, OK. Are these facts?: on some phones (Droid 1, Droid 3, at least) switching to another launcher is the easiest way to get rid of all of the lag. Most launchers have more features and fewer bugs than stock.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can agree with that and like I said, I personally prefer the features of Adw ex, but it's only lag if it bothers you and you know the difference and some users are fine with the stock features.

That all said, I'd try the free version of Adw as well for a quick fix and some neat customization features. However, I'd still like to get to the bottom of the problem and figure out why the stock launcher won't add icons to the homescreen.

Sent from my Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.