Have an Issue, Stock Phone, None Rooted (not hacked) Help Is Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Hello All !!!!

If you have an issue with your STOCK Device, Post your Questions here !!

The Rescue Squad will do their best to Assist You !!

Welcome to the Rescue Squad's Help Section for those who do not hack :icon_ banana:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To add to JM post we are here to help. Thanks for allowing us to continue to provide a helping hand to the members of the DF community. We wanted to provide an area for stock phones to get help. For those who have root related questions or issues please direct them to this section: Rescue Squad - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

We would like to keep this area strictly for stock phone issues. Thanks again to the Df community and we look to serve this community.

HITLOOP

Reaction score
Help Please, Application force closing over and over...

Hi, the application crazyhomelite theme program is force closing over and over and will not let me even reach the settings or the root directory to get rid of the app... I have pulled the sd, the battery, hard shutdown many times, hooked it up to my laptop and sunk it with doubletwist, still keeps popping up over and over... I am almost about to smash it up against the F====== wall... I must have tapped out the screen by now.... spazzing out... :) Any help will be much appreciated.. Thanks..'

HITLOOP......

~~~~~~~~
HUMAN-IN-THE-LOOP.....................
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On a stock phone you have a couple of options.

Continue to try and perform keystrokes in between the force close pop up screens.

When you reboot the phone hold down the X key on the slide out keyboard. Do not let go of this key when you reboot. You don't have to hold down the power on button but don't let go of the X key.

You will get to a screen with a triangle with an exclamation point within it /!\
---

Let go of the x button at this point and hold down the volume up button and then hit the camera button.

You can do a "wipe data/factory" reset from within here to reset your phone.

Upon rebooting it will then prompt you to reactivate your phone. Just follow the prompts. It dials out, activates, then you are asked to log into google with your gmail credentials.

Then use Astro to put all of your downloaded apps back on, except for the one giving you problems. If you do not have your apps backed up you can download Astro for free from the market and then use it to back up all your install packages to your card. It does not back up all data associated with the apps, just the install programs. Some apps do store their info on the card though, so not all is lost when you reinstall.

I've had this happen to myself before. I managed to get the taps in, in between the FC's and got the app uninstalled.

Good luck!

jgmarto

Reaction score
Contacts lost from Moto Droid

Help please. My phone log and all of my contacts (not sync'd contacts the ones from my old phone) disappeared. I can do a search under the name and they will show up, but they are not on my contact list. It's like they are hidden. I tried uploading from my SD card with no success. Then I tried to sync my contacts and all that did was put the 375 Facebook contacts into my contact list, which I do not want there.

Anyhelp in getting my list back to normal would be greatly appriciated.

:icon_cussing:

HITLOOP

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the help! Fixed!! :)

Thank you for your help with my issue... I actually got into the root by clicking fast and bypassed the force quit popup... Thank you again!!! Very much appreciated..

~HITLOOP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HUMAN-IN-THE-LOOP~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dancedroid

On a stock phone you have a couple of options.

Continue to try and perform keystrokes in between the force close pop up screens.

When you reboot the phone hold down the X key on the slide out keyboard. Do not let go of this key when you reboot. You don't have to hold down the power on button but don't let go of the X key.

You will get to a screen with a triangle with an exclamation point within it /!\
---

Let go of the x button at this point and hold down the volume up button and then hit the camera button.

You can do a "wipe data/factory" reset from within here to reset your phone.

Upon rebooting it will then prompt you to reactivate your phone. Just follow the prompts. It dials out, activates, then you are asked to log into google with your gmail credentials.

Then use Astro to put all of your downloaded apps back on, except for the one giving you problems. If you do not have your apps backed up you can download Astro for free from the market and then use it to back up all your install packages to your card. It does not back up all data associated with the apps, just the install programs. Some apps do store their info on the card though, so not all is lost when you reinstall.

I've had this happen to myself before. I managed to get the taps in, in between the FC's and got the app uninstalled.

Good luck!

cross-k

Reaction score
Help! I downloaded an app from itunes that said was for motorola droid. I did the drag and drop thing, I thought correctly thru Motorola Media Link. It was so confusing I don't remember how I did it but it appears on the file for the droid when it is sunced to my pc. It is in the "download" folder but i don't know how to access it. I cant find the app anywhere on the phone. Can anyone help?

sk driver

Reaction score
updated this morning, now when any call comes in, it will not show who the contact is even when its my contact list. any resolve to this?

laschmela

Reaction score
Ringtones w/ 2.1 update

Help Please! I posted this in the 2.1 help thread but those answers all seem too techy for me:

I downloaded 2.1 this morning. Beyond the irritation of having to reload my contacts, rearrange my home screens, and overall resync everything, I now cannot set the many songs I've uploaded as ringtones.

I'd been using Myxer.com to cut ringtones and send them to my phone via text messages. Now when I save them and play them back, I don't have the option to hit the "menu" button and "save as ringtone." This has been driving me crazy all day. I've only had my phone for a month or so and had just gotten it to be completely personalised the way I wanted, and now I have this nonsense to deal with.

The funny thing is, 3 of my personalised ringtones appear on the ringtones menu, but the rest don't. Can anyone help???? I am a smartphone novice and so would like the most newbie-friendly explainer... thanks!!!

**Also--I downloaded Astro file manager and re-saved my downloaded files under /sdcard/media/ringtones as others have suggested, to no avail. My phone just isn't recognizing most of my music as ringtones and it's frustrating me to no end.

treasurehiding9

Reaction score
so lost and confused!!!

i am apparently not a computer wiz. i got a Motorola Droid and am finding out i need to be computer literate apparently. anyway i want to make my phone setup look like the HTC droid incredibles setup. for this i guess i have to install the HTC Desire Mod. now this is where i'm totally lost. first off i have no idea how to reboot. second what is rooting and unrooting?? also i have read i need to backup and download some usb stuff. so you see i'm like a beginner in all this. is there an easy setup for someone like myself whose just learning from the start. i don't have computer techy friends. actually my friends have really old phones. they are amazed at what mine does. well so am i, and i would like to be able to get alot out of it considering i just shelled out 300 plus an extra 30, a month ya know? i love the weather widget with the animations. that is really sweet. can you help me please?????? thanks...cheers
treasurehiding9:)

treasurehiding9

Reaction score
sorry just thought of another quick question. i have some free ringtones on my sd card from Mabilo.com and i don't know how to assign each song to a person. also my contacts list is on my backup assistance from my old phone. i sold my old phone and now i have this droid but i realized i only have 5 numbers on my phone out of 176 numbers. the verizon store told me i'd have to type them all in manually. thats is bs. is there a way i can get them from my backup assistance on my verizon into my new Droid Motorola pone???? thanks again. i have so many questions, but i'll stop myself here for now. don't want to overwhelm you. hahaha cheers!!!!

laschmela

Reaction score
Help Please! I posted this in the 2.1 help thread but those answers all seem too techy for me:

I downloaded 2.1 this morning. Beyond the irritation of having to reload my contacts, rearrange my home screens, and overall resync everything, I now cannot set the many songs I've uploaded as ringtones.

I'd been using Myxer.com to cut ringtones and send them to my phone via text messages. Now when I save them and play them back, I don't have the option to hit the "menu" button and "save as ringtone." This has been driving me crazy all day. I've only had my phone for a month or so and had just gotten it to be completely personalised the way I wanted, and now I have this nonsense to deal with.

The funny thing is, 3 of my personalised ringtones appear on the ringtones menu, but the rest don't. Can anyone help???? I am a smartphone novice and so would like the most newbie-friendly explainer... thanks!!!

**Also--I downloaded Astro file manager and re-saved my downloaded files under /sdcard/media/ringtones as others have suggested, to no avail. My phone just isn't recognizing most of my music as ringtones and it's frustrating me to no end.

Nevermind, I called Verizon and figured it out. If you email ringtones to yourself, you have to open your email thru the browser application, then click on the file and save it. After it downloads, click on the file in the download history menu; it'll play out and allow you to select menu>Set As Ringtone. UGH. I'm not sure this update that supposedly fixed bugs I didn't have my Eris long enough to notice was worth the 24 hours of frustration and headache to get my phone back to normal. Actually, slower than normal. Not a fan.

**I should note this worked using Gmail. Not sure if it'll work with other web-based email apps or outlook, but it definitely won't work via the gmail widget. Which makes no sense on a google phone... whatever.

Last edited:

treasurehiding9

Reaction score
thanks for the help with the contacts question. i'm still lost on the ringtones and importing the HTC Mod??? thanks again

rOtiJon

Reaction score
Ok i need loads of help and explanation.. My newly bought phone is stock and i have no plans in rooting it (taking in concern that rooting = jailbreaking).

I loaded marketplace and wanted to download some themes. It mentioned that i have to have GDE installed.

1 - how do i download GDE for my phone ?

2 - After downloading GDE, does that mean that i can just download and use the themes?

Thanks for the help.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok i need loads of help and explanation.. My newly bought phone is stock and i have no plans in rooting it (taking in concern that rooting = jailbreaking).

I loaded marketplace and wanted to download some themes. It mentioned that i have to have GDE installed.

1 - how do i download GDE for my phone ?

2 - After downloading GDE, does that mean that i can just download and use the themes?

Thanks for the help.

I search GDE in the market and up comes "GDE - New Home Experience" The description of the app and the developer's website is all listed there, as well as feedback by others.

Status
Not open for further replies.