Gotta say: I am loving VZW right now

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Or maybe more specifically... I am loving Sprint + T-Mobile right now. For doing all the things right that are getting VZW and AT&T to finally take notice and start lowering prices.

One year ago today, my wife's cellular bill was $90 / month for unlimited.
(Phone is paid for) She was using less then 2 GB a month.
A month ago we were paying $63/month for 4GB. She is still using less then 2GB and carrying over almost 2GB. Yesterday I bumped her up to the new 5GB plan...still with carryover... and my bill dropped another $9.

I think $54 for all the data she can use in a month is FINALLY.... a respectable deal.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I pay $50 a month, before 20% discount, for 2GB data w/rollover, unlimited calls/texts,50GB of cloud storage. I use about 1GB data a month at most. I thank T-Mobile for pushing AT&T to go that route over 2 years ago.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Yes, over the past two years I've managed to reduce my VZW bill twice, one way or another. Prior to December 2015, I was on their legacy UDP and it was on the verge of charging me that extra fee for keeping the unlimited data. I was paying about $80/mo, after a 17% corporate discount.

Then in December 2015 I bought a Galaxy S6 which I thought would help with signal issues at home thanks to wifi calling becoming available. I had to move off the legacy UDP and switched to their 3 GB plan. With the discount and the price of the phone factored in, I saved few bucks and was down to $75.

Finally back in the summer when they offered up the latest plans, I evaluated my usage and saw I was not coming close to the 3 GB mark. I dropped down to the 2 GB offering and saved another $6 a month.

I'm wondering if they'll restructure pricing again on the tiered plans. Probably not, but sure would be nice.