Got droid from friend Vzw wont activate it??

Clownassasin

Reaction score
seriously ask, if you go to the store, and they arrest you, and say you just got it for free from your friend, their not going to believe you and your gonna end up in the slammer taking showers with "Joe" saturday nights :icon_eek:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
lol the more questions you ask the more trouble you're gonna get.

give that phone back to your friend and tell him to never bring it up again.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Even if I was getting the phone from a close friend, I, myself, would still call VZW to check that the phone was legit. Don't accept anything (the phone) until you have a chance to find out what's up. Tell them you were provided the IMEI... you don't have the phone.

if you walk in with a 'stolen' phone however I don't know what they'd do....

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Go to phonehistoryreport.com and put all the info you have on the phone in there. It will come back with what is up with the phone.

_33

Reaction score
I purchased a phone on Craig's List that had a bad ESN. I called VZW CS and asked the rep if the ESN was clean. She told me no, it was on the lost/stolen list. I asked her which one, since lost and stolen are two different things. She would give me no info at all except that if I bring it into a store they will take it from you. The rep won't give you any info really. But you will know if it's clean.

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
yeah if you think how old the droid is, and to just give it away.. and if he has alot of money he could opt out of his plan or get another one and then use the Droid. but to just buy a $600 phone without checking to see if you are even able to upgrade and then all the sudden give it away just like that? I could guess there is more to the story, and that is why verizon wants a body in their store..... Like i said before i have upgraded many times over the phone with never having to go into a store. even with some of my phone broke and i had to downgrade until verizon sent me a replacement, i still didnt have to go into a store. You can even buy phones off of ebay and they will activate it. but if you gave them the esn number and they want you in the store with him. my guess is. its HOT......... if you can buy a used phone off of ebay and they will activate it for you, there is not reason why they cant activate a New droid. unless that ESN number is giving them a RED FLAG......

OP
V

vzwdroid

Reaction score
phonehistoryreport.com doesnt work my meid# is 14 long

Detcord

Reaction score
easy solution: call your friend and ask him where he got it... if he gives you a even slightly shady answer, give the phone back or brick it and sell on craigslist as a parts phone.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Try calling them and trying to see if its HOT. If it is then give it back to him so you don't get burned for receiving stolen property.
Also my opinion on this is that your friend is one shady mofo and its hotter than hadies! Haha

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Byte

Reaction score
I don't think there ever was a "friend". However you got the phone you need to give it back.

Last edited:

Groucho

Reaction score
Better hope the owner of the phone didn't install a tracking app. He could be on his way to your house right now, plus 3-4 of his biggest friends.

Detcord

Reaction score
Better hope the owner of the phone didn't install a tracking app. He could be on his way to your house right now, plus 3-4 of his biggest friends.

lets hope giving it back defuses the situation, if he truely did just get it free from a friend i dont see that putting him at fault.