Got droid from friend Vzw wont activate it??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think there ever was a "friend". However you got the phone you need to give it back.

Ding Ding Ding....We have a winner.

Despite being told several times on this thread to call his friend and ask him where he got the phone he never responded. Well, one time I think he said he didn't see where that would do any good but common sense dictates it would.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unreal

I don't think there ever was a "friend". However you got the phone you need to give it back.

Ding Ding Ding....We have a winner.

Despite being told several times on this thread to call his friend and ask him where he got the phone he never responded. Well, one time I think he said he didn't see where that would do any good but common sense dictates it would.

and with that...too. I think the OP has stolen or has a stolen device. Which is why it's so vague. To the OP if you have more to say on this subject please PM me. I am going ot lock this thread now..I will re oprn it when or if he responds

Edit : let me apologize and say i was wrong

Last edited:
OP
V

vzwdroid

Reaction score
for the record I called verizion and checked the MEID # and the lady said mine wasnt stolen and should activate fine. I dont know whats going on.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok now this thread is re-opend at the Op's request...before you post anything....let him get his post out of the way please....also please be nice or not "rude" if possible....Have a nice day!

Big Cam

Reaction score
oops, I posted before seeing the mod's post, I'll hold off until the OP posts.

Last edited:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
if the OP is telling the truth, his friend probably had insurance on his phone, declared it lost, and received a new Droid. thus still having the old droid with a flagged ESN... i don't think you can get around a flagged ESN, considering that it is unique to each device

dro

Reaction score
It is pretty much impossible to get any use out of a stolen/lost Verizon phone. They will not activate it, and it can be tracked. A friend of mine acquired a lost LG Voyager some time ago, the owner had it tracked. Played dumb yada yada, stashed it for a couple months, then went to Verizon to activate it. They would do no such thing, and informed my friend it was stolen. They wanted to keep it but my friend is very "straight forward" if you will, and promptly got it back. They didn't try to call the cops or anything, in fact they sold him a new Voyager with a two year contract.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Miami,
The OP is posting in another thread regarding this same issue :)
for the record I called verizion and checked the MEID # and the lady said mine wasnt stolen and should activate fine. I dont know whats going on.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/15358-droid-fights-back-thieves-2.html

thanks..ill move the post to this thread

Edit : the post is moved here to the correct thread. Please feel free to discuss

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
maybe they just need him to ok it?

i got my storm 2 from a friend and VZW would not activate it since it was still attached to his account. He had to call customer service with me and had to ativate another phone on his line before the system would release the storm2 so i could activate it on my account.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe they just need him to ok it?

i got my storm 2 from a friend and VZW would not activate it since it was still attached to his account. He had to call customer service with me and had to ativate another phone on his line before the system would release the storm2 so i could activate it on my account.

I can understand that point. Someone may have hit the nail on the head

BigTex71

Reaction score
Something that made me question the OP story... if the friend has lots of money, why would he balk at upgrading his plan?

JamesX

Reaction score
Just bring him to the store. If it is legit you get new phone. If not your friend get arrested. Either way is good result right? :)

But on a more helpful note.

When I returned my DROID and tried to reactivate my old Razr, Verizon won't automatically authorize it either. I just have to call their Support number and they change the flag on my phone and I just went through the normal programming mode.

You can have your friend call Tech support and tell them that he gave his phone away to you, and they can probably activate it for you as well.

dro

Reaction score
Ok so since it is the legit the only reason they would be asking for him to go in there with you is so they can verify that he has in fact willingly transfered his phone to you. They should have no problem receiving such authorization over the phone though. And he would not get arrested LOL, unless he told them he mugged someone for the phone and will wait patiently for 5 to 10 mins for the police to arrive.

Guchi

Reaction score
SORRY TO YELL. the OP said he called verizon and they said it is not stolen

Originally Posted by vzwdroid