Getting past the activate screen?

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
A friend of mine purchased a Droid about 45 days ago and yesterday got fed-up with I don't know...
Anyway he went back to Verizon and was told that he couldn't return the device so he went back to his Strom.
Since he invested $$$ for the Droid and didn't want the device any longer he offered it to me for 120.00 (probably could have talked him down but hes a friend).

Since I have my Droid working the way I like it but I'm interested in rooting it I was thinking I would just root my friends to see if I can do it with limited to no problems.
I can't figure out how I get past the Droid activate screen without having to *228.
I would like to get tot he applications home screen and install SholesMod Updater and give it a whirl.
I downloaded it to my Droid and was going to copy it to my PC and move it over to the other unit to test.

How do I get past the activate screen?

Thanks

Silver Member
Reaction score
You just follow directions and sign in with your Gmail account? ?
no, that's not what he's referring to. is *228 not working for you at all? since the phone has been deactivated from the network, you either need to do a hard-reset, or active it.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
You just follow directions and sign in with your Gmail account? ?
no, that's not what he's referring to. is *228 not working for you at all? since the phone has been deactivated from the network, you either need to do a hard-reset, or active it.

No I could move my # over but I don't want to use the second Droid just use it for testing purposes.

Verizon said that its a good ESN, so I can activate it.
But I would have to activate it just to within minutes move my # back over to my own (first) Droid that is up and running the way I like it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
you can bypass the activation screen by tapping the corners of the screen in a clockwise motion starting at the upper left hand corner working your way around. do this at the screen whee the gen android is. ill post a link shortly.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
you can bypass the activation screen by tapping the corners of the screen in a clockwise motion starting at the upper left hand corner working your way around. do this at the screen whee the gen android is. ill post a link shortly.

THANKS
But i've been trying what you shared and its not going past the welcome to android screen
I have hit the change language and or emergency dial which are brought up bit no bypass.

What am I missing?

Thanks

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
GOT IT THANKS!!!
I was hitting the upper notification bar as well as the lower bar.

THANKS AGAIN

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
was just going to post a picture but you got it already.Glad you found it

Thanks I posted another thread as to the next step but maybe you can answer it.

Can I activate my gmail account on 2 different devices and if so can I download a purchase that I need to try to root this.
I did not use it on the other device...

I want to try it first before hosing the device I normally use.

Thanks

e-fonzerelli

Reaction score
Hey...

I have the same want as n0m0n, but can't figure out how to do it. I know this topic is a couple months old, but hopefully someone can help me out. The .jpg link doesn't work anymore.

Thanks

EDIT: Well, looks like I got it to work too. I was basically tapping the corners non-stop at boot up b/c you don't really get a confirmation saying that it works. Was it on the screen at bootup where the droid rides the skateboard?

Last edited:
OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Good glad to here that you got it.