Got droid from friend Vzw wont activate it??

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so since it is the legit the only reason they would be asking for him to go in there with you is so they can verify that he has in fact willingly transfered his phone to you. They should have no problem receiving such authorization over the phone though. And he would not get arrested LOL, unless he told them he mugged someone for the phone and will wait patiently for 5 to 10 mins for the police to arrive.
VZW should allow the transfer after speaking to your friend on the phone. He will have to verify his account information and from there you should be all set.

J-Buck

Reaction score
oh an btw if u go in with stolen phone they don't arrest u lol. that wouldn't be fair and they don't question where u got it from or accuse u of anything personally. happens all the time with ebay phones...

Tegamal

Reaction score
Glad to see you got it worked out!

Sometimes these companies can be TOO secure, but it's only to protect you & them.

OP
V

vzwdroid

Reaction score
ill just have to get him to get it worked out I guess. He works nights and I work days so getting to verizion with him would take a while.
The funny thing was I had to call verizion to get a replacement ENV3 (my phone is broke witch is what started this whoel thing) and while I was on the phone with that lady I asked her if she could run a meid# off a phone I was looking to purchase and she said they dont allow that because the person could possibly already have the phone and is trying to see if it is reported stolen. I guess it just depends who you talk to, this lady was WAAAAY over the top in proper speaking and grammar, she actually sounded like a recording she was so perfect (in a bad way).

thanks guys

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ill just have to get him to get it worked out I guess. He works nights and I work days so getting to verizion with him would take a while.
The funny thing was I had to call verizion to get a replacement ENV3 (my phone is broke witch is what started this whoel thing) and while I was on the phone with that lady I asked her if she could run a meid# off a phone I was looking to purchase and she said they dont allow that because the person could possibly already have the phone and is trying to see if it is reported stolen. I guess it just depends who you talk to, this lady was WAAAAY over the top in proper speaking and grammar, she actually sounded like a recording she was so perfect (in a bad way).

thanks guys

yeah it all depends on the person...

just call back and say your looking to buy a phone on EBay and want to make sure the esn/meid is clear.

aacanela73

Reaction score
I dont know how he got it or were from.....
Is there anyways i can see if someone has reported this stolen?
Verizon told me on the phone that i will need to bring my friend with me to verizion to activate the phone???? this seemed really stupid....??

You could try just activating it on your line if you are an existing customer by going to your my verizon website. If the phone is good then there should be no problem with putting it on your line. If it's not tell your freind you'll trade him for a laptop or something..lol