Gorilla Glass is Not on the Galaxy Nexus

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The gorilla glass (or lack thereof) MIGHT not be trivial. That said, I'm picturing a phone with a bit of a curve and think it might be hard to drop the phone directly on the glass on a flat surface. So it may not need to be as scratch/break resistant as gorilla glass, but will also depend on how the rest of the phone takes and absorbs shocks.

wxjunkie

Reaction score
I've noticed the Gorilla Glass folks don't associate their product with a ton of devices it is used on. Dunno why the hush-hush. Prob from the manufacturer's side. Their product is awesome, it should be promoted!

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Rumor is Dragontrail glass (though Dragontail probably would have sounded better). Here's a video:

[video=youtube;WpbOoQpwAFs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpbOoQpwAFs[/video]

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rumor is Dragontrail glass (though Dragontail probably would have sounded better). Here's a video:

[video=youtube;WpbOoQpwAFs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpbOoQpwAFs[/video][/QUOTE. Haha what do you expect, I archived it in my memory. Dragontail just sounds better, probably why I remebered it like that. Not much really out about the product though. It just shows that while gorilla is good, their are things that come close to matching it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just saw another forum mentioning Dragontail. Especially with the bending glass test, gotta make you wonder.

Dragon tail would be cool...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well that's a little disappointing. Good thing I take good care of my stuff lol

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm not saying this has dragontrail. Haha it would be cool, but I dout it does. Its probably sporting sammys own recipe. I mentioned dragontrail because its another brand heading against gorilla. Doesn't exactly have a lot of marketshare.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That dragontrail glass seems really cool, and if it bends that much it shouldn't have a problem with the slight curve of the nexus.

who knows though, what i want to know is a release date for the darn thing!!!

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
That dragontrail glass seems really cool, and if it bends that much it shouldn't have a problem with the slight curve of the nexus.

who knows though, what i want to know is a release date for the darn thing!!!
I believe gorilla glass has already been put into a curvy screen...veer, and dell venue. its possible to get gorilla to curve. o_O i bet its a money thing and not an impossible task..

Vakharn

Reaction score
I believe gorilla glass has already been put into a curvy screen...veer, and dell venue. its possible to get gorilla to curve. o_O i bet its a money thing and not an impossible task..

I find it hard to believe that Samsung (Or Google, if it was up to them) would ditch Gorilla Glass on their premier new phone that is going to be sold at $800 (!!!) off contract already because of cost. This is already one of the most expensive phones ever made. How could it affect the price much to add Gorilla Glass?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know Gorilla Glass isnt indestructible. I have scratches on my phones, not alot tho. Its just that compared to phones from yester year...Gorilla Glass, like someone already mentioned, is the reason why I dont use screen protectors anymore. For me I would definitely have to see some scratch tests of the Prime if I was gonna get it.