Gorilla Glass is Not on the Galaxy Nexus

otmlb1128

Reaction score
Oh no! It doesn't have the name gorilla glass on it so it will obviously suck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

i4mt3hwin

Reaction score
Oh no! It doesn't have the name gorilla glass on it so it will obviously suck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Gorilla Glass is pretty much the leader in terms of quality and strength. Couple this with no SD card support and people claiming it feels like really cheep plastic and the phone is really lacking in quite a few departments.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Gorilla Glass is pretty much the leader in terms of quality and strength. Couple this with no SD card support and people claiming it feels like really cheep plastic and the phone is really lacking in quite a few departments.

Yeah like the loads of bloatware it will ship with in addition to the fact that it ships with gingerbread :icon_eek:. The nexus is absolutely a piece of crap. Not to mention that the nexus is going to have to wait for the phone manufacturer to release updates rather than just receiving them straight from Google! The Nexus is just plain awful. By far, the worst phone to EVER come to Verizon.

Thought I would throw in that the previous statement was completely sarcastic, without even the slightest bit of truth. :)

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love how people try to judge the phone based off internet previews. I say you can never really know if you like or dislike a phone until you use it for yourself. Form your own opinions, don't let others form them for you and you just hold onto them.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe they got in a fight with Corning?! Well hopefully the new glass will stand up just the same. Maybe they made some Rhinoceros glass?!

Most likely another subtle cost-cutting measure. Targeting the "sweet spot" price of $299 on contract means there are trade-offs.

This does give me pause as I was planning to have my Nexus "naked". Ditched the protection on my Droid over a year ago and have had no problems (it does show a bit of wear-and-tear now as a result).

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
This does give me pause as I was planning to have my Nexus "naked". Ditched the protection on my Droid over a year ago and have had no problems (it does show a bit of wear-and-tear now as a result).

I agree. Moto phones are great naked phones. My D1, D2, DPro, and DX were/are all naked, and besides the OG, none of them suffered any damage (the D1 was only slightly damaged, from being almost 2 years old, not from abuse).

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Nexus S was curved too, and didn't have Gorilla Glass. I'm thinking this rumor about no Gorilla Glass is true. I may actually have to wait to see how it holds up on a drop test.
its not a rumor, its been confirmed that it doesnt have gorilla glass

King_Bean

Reaction score
I dislike phone cases and gorilla glass is what makes me confident rocking all of my smartphones naked.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
My OG droid has been very very good over 2 years of abuse. I wouldn't say Gorilla Glass is a deal breaker but something to look out for with potential issues.. Would be nice if we could confirm what glass it is and if it's being used on the galaxy s or any other phone.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, one thought comes to mind and that's apples reinforced screens which we all know how they do. Apples quality standards can't match gorilla but I'm not going to judge a book by its covor. Everyone is freaking out. Relax, wait for a drop test and we will see how samsungs glass does. Sidenote remember like dragontail or something like that? Was on engadget ayear ago, looked like it almost but not quite had the strength of gorilla.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
still dont understand the big deal even if doesnt have gorilla glass...i understand accidents happen...but how many of you people never even scratched your screen? even over the years...i would take a non-gorilla glass phone for the capabilities of this device any day of the week. NOT TO MENTION IT'S RUNNING COMPLETELY STOCK ANDROID. YUM

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
We could all just take good care of our phones and not drop them...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
so many phones with gorilla glass can still go in and out of a pocket and end up scratched up... it's not "God glass" for goodness sake! :)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think gorilla glass is known enough that its almost expected to be on phones. Especially a phone costing so damn much.