OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I have been flicking my screen like crazy now just to see if I can do anything to it! xD I still can't see how in the world it cracked! :p

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

Yea, I was surprised when it happened...

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Yea, I was surprised when it happened...

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

That clearly was a defective panel , it either had impurities from the manufacturing process that caused a weak spot in the structure , and we all saw how a small chip in a glass panel can extend , or it had an imbalance in the internal stress of the glass that caused it to shatter , see all the tempered glass tables shattering out of nowhere for apparently no reason .

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Or you just need to be aware of your own strength.. HULK Smash!. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My HTC Incredible has Gorilla glass, will not purchase a phone without it, there is no reason for these companies not to use Gorilla glass since they charge us an arm and a leg for these smart phones. And screen protectors make these new beautifull screens look like crap.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
I also believe in gorilla glass my fascinates screen looks brand new after almost 1 yr

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gorilla Glass [video=youtube;H4qJHNIiXow]http://youtu.be/H4qJHNIiXow[/video] , [video=youtube;1nNJSGR2m0U]http://youtu.be/1nNJSGR2m0U[/video] ,[video=youtube;ibs7EKrTZv8]http://youtu.be/ibs7EKrTZv8[/video] , last phone is a Droid X,enjoy :)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Old video. I did this to my og Droid and it didn't scratch.

The reason is that keys are made of brass which cannot scratch glass.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So the knife and hammer are also made of brass, I am a Carpenter by trade, did not know that:blink::icon_ banana::D

Pizza33

Reaction score
Gorilla Glass is not a big deal

Gorilla glass scratches under normal conditions... my bionic had a scratch after a week of normal usage. Buy a nice screen protector people.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gorilla glass scratches under normal conditions... my bionic had a scratch after a week of normal usage. Buy a nice screen protector people.
Normal use, what do you actually do with your phone, don't tell me you drive nails with it, my Incredible looks as new as when I first bought it, almost two years ago.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I put always put a screen protector on my D1.... Can stand to have scratches in my screens so either way i always protect it. Just in case. I dout it would scratch though.... Someone should take some wet/dry sand paper to it and see.