Google Voice 0.4.0.12 - no more FnF?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dont get the people who complain about this change. You cant have a FNF plan with less than 1400 minutes! Are you really in jeopardy of going over a 1400/month limit? If so, put down the phone and go enjoy the outdoors lol

5 fnf with 900 minutes.

And some of us use the cell phone as our primary phone. Hey to each his own, but I use gv and 2 of my fav numbers include my number going out and coming in. I am not hiding that I am doing, in fact for the past couple of days when vzw was fixing my account where it showed minutes being charged and it were numbers on my fnf (actually the gv numbers) I made it clear what I was doing, and they did not seem to care. They fixed the issue. Besides GV knew what they were doing when they advertise gv, they knew people looking for away to call with out using their minutes would flock to the app.

neubanks89

Reaction score
you can still do the "trick" it's just not as easy. You have to call YOUR google voice number and then select option 2 to dial another number.

boddah

Reaction score
I dont get the people who complain about this change. You cant have a FNF plan with less than 1400 minutes! Are you really in jeopardy of going over a 1400/month limit? If so, put down the phone and go enjoy the outdoors lol

I have 1400 minutes... for 5 lines, including two teenagers. Any little bit helps man

cystic

Reaction score
you can still do the "trick" it's just not as easy. You have to call YOUR google voice number and then select option 2 to dial another number.

So I did some experimenting and I managed to set it up in my contact list to where it would automatically call your gv# first, press * then 2 then the number.

If your GV number is 1234567890
and the number you want to call is 5555551212
you would enter this into your contact phone number:
1234567890,,*,2,5,5,5,5,5,5,1,2,1,2

the commas add a pause. Remember, you have to setup gv settings to not require a pin when calling from your own number. (well you don't have to but its quicker and you have to add your pin to all the numbers you do this to in your contacts)

Its automatic but it takes longer than if you were to just do it manually. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to speed this up a bit?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I gave up on GV a long time ago. Faster dial time is fine with me. I have 5 lines on a 1400 minute FnF plan and barely even go over 700 minutes now with the 10 numbers. And, we don't have a house phone, so big deal IMHO.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

So I did some experimenting and I managed to set it up in my contact list to where it would automatically call your gv# first, press * then 2 then the number.

If your GV number is 1234567890
and the number you want to call is 5555551212
you would enter this into your contact phone number:
1234567890,,*,2,5,5,5,5,5,5,1,2,1,2

the commas add a pause. Remember, you have to setup gv settings to not require a pin when calling from your own number. (well you don't have to but its quicker and you have to add your pin to all the numbers you do this to in your contacts)

Its automatic but it takes longer than if you were to just do it manually. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to speed this up a bit?

GVMyNumber.apk - gvmynumber - GVMyNumber - Project Hosting on Google Code

cystic

Reaction score

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
GVMyNumber.apk - gvmynumber - GVMyNumber - Project Hosting on Google Code

Does no one use that anymore? Been using it since GV came out, and it still works...dials your Google Number for you, presses 2 for you, and dials the number you want to call.

doesn't seem to work for me.. when I dial my gv # I have to press * to get to the main menu and then 2 to make a call.. just pressing 2 doesn't work on mine for some reason.. oh well.

hmmm that's weird...do you have unread messages? it wont work if you have unread voicemails in there...

cystic

Reaction score

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

DigiK

Reaction score